250 AI, 110 AB

Dwh7271

Handloader
Nov 18, 2013
image_zpsen1bwv3t.jpeg

Been working on this one recently. If I had more 110 ABs I could confirm this load (things seem to be scarce as hen's teeth right now :grin: )

I built this one on a Savage action.
24" barrel, 2 contour, 1-10 twist.
NOTE: load is safe in my rifle, can't say as to others.
Hornady 22-250 brass necked up and fireformed. (I figure the 22-250 is a 65k psi cartridge so the brass should hold up)
Load is 45 gr Ramshot Hunter, CCI BR (large rifle, forgot the number!) primers, 110 AB with a .130 jump.
Magnetospeed 3 shot avg 3111 fps, SD 8. (From loads as I was tuning it in)

Looks promising! Good velocity and great SD!

Glad I grabbed a couple boxes of those bullets when I had the chance.

Will have to see if I have any Hunter on hand. Did locate some of the Reloder powders and will be ordering the 16 and 26 to try. Have some 15 and 17 on hand already.

Thanks Dr!
Blkram, I ended up with the Hunter really because it looked like it would fit nicely as far as burn rate and I have a couple jugs of it. I'm pleased with the speed also. Zero pressure indications. QL says it should be a hair over 60k pressure.

David,
It's the one on the right.
image_zps8f694ef4.jpg

Fireforming, pre and post. 250 on left, 6.5-06 on right
image_zpsboolifey.jpg

Dewey,

PM me either here or the other place and I might be able to help out with those 110 AB's.......................

chs

Thanks Guy. They're turning out pretty well for me.
Chs, I will! Thanks!
CL, Sorry buddy, didn't mean to torture you. I know you have a big soft spot for the 250 and justifiably so. It's a neat cartridge.

Back