Powder In Stock

I got 2# of Varget at my LGS today. Price was higher than normal, but way cheaper than the gougers on GunBroker.

From the looks of it, there must be a lot of people sitting on lifetime supplies of primers! Been trying to find small rifle primers for about a year and a half. Peanut butter doesn't do me any good without the jelly, but at least I have some bread...lol.

Talk about deja vu all over again! So much like the gasoline shortages in the early 70s. People sat in long lines on the strength of a rumor that a delivery of gasoline would arrive that day. Seems as if I've seen this movie before.

bdbrown66":27y3bji5 said:
I got 2# of Varget at my LGS today. Price was higher than normal, but way cheaper than the gougers on GunBroker.

Same. Prices some higher than normal, but I can't complain, most shops around here are honest and not gouging.

Picked up an 8# jug of H4895 locally a couple weeks ago for what came to $31.53 per lb tax and all out the door. Up from what it was, but not bad.

8# jugs of 4064 and 4831 were there for what would've cost $29.15 per lb out the door. Up approximately $7 per lb from what it was last yr for 8lb jugs, but a steal compared to Gunbroker prices.

DrMike":2ryycej2 said:
Talk about deja vu all over again! So much like the gasoline shortages in the early 70s. People sat in long lines on the strength of a rumor that a delivery of gasoline would arrive that day. Seems as if I've seen this movie before.

Man it’s rough right now. Thankfully I have a bit stocked away for awhile.

SJB358":3vmv99ii said:
DrMike":3vmv99ii said:

Man it’s rough right now. Thankfully I have a bit stocked away for awhile.

Yep, me also. I'm not buying right now for the most part. What I don't like is I jump on Midway pretty regular just to check things out. 30 caliber bullets are the quickest to come in stock here and there.......prices keep ticking up, ticking up, yet nothing lasts and is soon out of stock. As long as people keep paying it as fast as it comes in, it's gonna be a long ride through the tunnel to get to the other side.

In May most of the ammo producers are kicking up their prices by up to 25% so expect pricing to increase even more next month.

Well, my order showed up today with 2# each 4064 and 4350. Now I just need to decide what I'm going to load with them...

Back