6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
25 yards was recovered in jug number 5.

Bullettests-5-4-12005.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12006.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12023.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12022.jpg

Some of the mayhem caused after only 4 shots! I had a two pieces of baseboard solid wood trim sitting on top of a heavy particle board. Just a little of the trim was sticking out over the end of the saw horse, and it did this! Wow.
Bullettests-5-4-12007.jpg

Look what the pressure did to the saw horse.
Bullettests-5-4-12014.jpg

Yes I know that was obviously a weak point there, but just from having the jugs explode on top of the saw horse did this!
Bullettests-5-4-12015.jpg

Dadid,

Impressive results. Yes, there is a lot of shock/energy transfered into those jugs.
The 338 RUM splinters a lot of wood. :wink:

JD338

I can only imagine what those big boomers do Jim. It must be pretty impressive! I'm just shooting pop guns to what some of you folks shoot! :grin:
David

6mm Remington":2elc1ths said:
I can only imagine what those big boomers do Jim. It must be pretty impressive! I'm just shooting pop guns to what some of you folks shoot! :grin:
David

On game, it is a sight to behold. 8)

JD338

Thanks Gerry and Mike. The 25-06 with the 120 gr. Partition is the only one I had left to test out. I do have a few 110 gr. Accubonds I started to play with. Maybe I need to shoot them for a comparison. Oh it just never ends............all of this exacting scientific experimentation just so we become better prepared hunters! :p

6mm Remington":3i6navcc said:
Thanks Gerry and Mike. The 25-06 with the 120 gr. Partition is the only one I had left to test out. I do have a few 110 gr. Accubonds I started to play with. Maybe I need to shoot them for a comparison. Oh it just never ends............all of this exacting scientific experimentation just so we become better prepared hunters! :p

And healthier too 'cause we drink a lot of milk. :wink:

JD338

Another PT mushroom... Man, they are just always the SAME! Great shooting David. Pretty awesome amount of energy transferred.

FOTIS":ervpi7eg said:
Typical NP perfection

It is "ALMOST" boring! They all look about the same! This is a time when boring is good in my book.

DrMike":3fr5ycjo said:
And healthier too 'cause we drink a lot of milk.

I dunno', Jim. I saw several water bottles in that lineup. :|
Water's good for us too Mike. They say most of us are dehydrated most of the time and we don't even realize it because we just aren't drinking enough water! :oops: :grin:

Well, I remember in medical school learning that water is deadly, if you hold your head under long enough. :roll:

6mm Remington":1zpithhn said:
DrMike":1zpithhn said:
And healthier too 'cause we drink a lot of milk.

I dunno', Jim. I saw several water bottles in that lineup. :|
Water's good for us too Mike. They say most of us are dehydrated most of the time and we don't even realize it because we just aren't drinking enough water! :oops: :grin:

Water, milk.....come on fellas.....all my jugs were full of moonshine :wink:

What's the Montana limit on sawhorses? :grin:

That bullet looks almost identical to the 115 gr Nosler Partition from my .25-06 a while back...

Cool beans.

Guy Miner":1bdno882 said:
What's the Montana limit on sawhorses? :grin:

That bullet looks almost identical to the 115 gr Nosler Partition from my .25-06 a while back...

Cool beans.
They are pretty aren't they Guy! Love those Partitions that's why it's been so hard for me to change and try the E-tip in my own 6mm. I am getting .35 - .40 type 3 shot groups at 100 yards, and the darn things work so well I just can't figure out a reason to change. Now my son's rifle liked the E-tips right off the bat so there it is. I find one good one and stick with it. I'm not like that poor Bullet character chasing load after obsessive load! Bullet that is said with utmost respect and sympathy for your RADD disorder sir!
David

Now my son's rifle liked the E-tips right off the bat so there it is.

Well, yes, David. However, you did try the E-Tip in your son's rifle! Have you tried the E-Tip in your own rifle?

DrMike":2edaj2hy said:
Now my son's rifle liked the E-tips right off the bat so there it is.

Well, yes, David. However, you did try the E-Tip in your son's rifle! Have you tried the E-Tip in your own rifle?
No sir I have not........yet! The Partitions have just worked so very well that I have not deviated yet from them. I tried them in my boy's rifle because I didn't find a load real quick that it liked with the 100 gr. Partition, so I tried a new powder (H100V) and a new bullet (90 gr. E-tip), and it went together like milk and honey.

When my Ruger #1B does this with two different powders using two different loads with 100 gr. Partitions Dr. Mike, it's hard to want to try anything else! :oops: :shock: I think I might just have to "bite the bullet" and maybe shoot a couple of his I have loaded up. :wink:
RifleGroups002.jpg

Back