Dominating the room

salmonchaser":3jp26eob said:
What I'm kinda surprised about is nobody commented on the 315 bull dumped on the floor to make room:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA! I saw that! I looked that picture over and lusted a little. That is a great bull as well.

I'd be over the mountain excited to put my tag on such a bull in Wyoming this fall.

I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see a bull like either one, up close in the wild. Truly remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree! Was glad I had my little pocket-camera on hand when this Roosevelt elk and I bumped into each other, Northern California coast:

I didn't get any better photos of him, light was bad, and he wasn't posing, just eating and moving along. There's something real special about getting up close to a big bull. I wonder how big this fellow got? Some of those "Rosies" don't get a huge spread, just thick, heavy antlers.

Guy

Anyone who's going to be in the Northwest and wants a great place to view elk this summer, check out the Dean Creek wildlife viewing area, near Reedsport, Oregon:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/vi ... e_area.asp

No special permits needed. Accessible by regular vehicle, no 4-wheel drive needed. Can't walk? No problem. Just drive up and watch the elk. Bring binoculars. I've seen some huge bulls out there in the meadow.

Guy

Back