Oregon draw results are posted

CamoHunter

Beginner
Nov 11, 2011
Got both my deer and elk tags this year so will enjoy two hunts with 2 of my sons.
Should be great memories to make.

Now to start figuring which rifles to outfit us all with and start fine tuning the loads.

Camo

Drew 177 again and 235Y with 0 points. Solo so far for both. Plan is to do full seasons on both. As I know the Fortrock unit very well, I already know where to hunt. It will be just a matter of luck or lack there of this fall.

Baltz,
We will be just north of you in the Paulina unit.
This is our first time hunting in the unit so it will be an adventure.
Good luck to you.

Camo

baltz526":fvk9x4s1 said:
Drew 177 again and 235Y with 0 points. Solo so far for both. Plan is to do full seasons on both. As I know the Fortrock unit very well, I already know where to hunt. It will be just a matter of luck or lack there of this fall.

The 235Y 2nd season bull Elk tag covers the Paulina and Fort Rock units. But I will probably hunt only in one area of the fort rock unit. Deer in the Paulina I would go out 31 to the 17 mile marker, turn left and find a camp spot. Then hunt that area and west from it. Basically the band between 31 and the power line from the 12 mile marker to the 22 mile marker. Attempting to intercept the early migrators being push across 31 from the Warner rim corridor. Then just keep at it every day all day. When the road hunters are back in camp or out of gas money the deer move. The best deer I see are between 10 AM and 4PM While the less dedicated deer hunters are into the keystone lights. Hunt where the bucks bed. As the doe move through during mid day, the bucks will get out of their beds to visit them.

I drew my rifle bull tag for 1st season in the W Beulah unit. I think I'm going to be hunting the wilderness this year and hiking in with a spike camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drew my rifle bull tag for 1st season in the W Beulah unit. I think I'm going to be hunting the wilderness this year and hiking in with a spike camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back