Kayak fishing...something new.

A

Anonymous

Decided to give kayak fishing a whirl. Anyone else picked up on this yet?

I like to fish, I like to kayak...seems natural. Picked up a Jackson "Big Rig", although kayak might be generous- this thing looks like an aircraft carrier compared to my last 12.5 Dagger!

I'm planning on pushing it into a lot of different areas and the weight rating is sufficient that pulling out a caribou this fall isn't an unreasonable proposition.

My 80 year old father in law uses the Kayak for fishing in Florida all the Time now. I think it’s been two years... my wife likes it too. He’s got two in Florida and he’s talking about one for up north too... definitely a fun choice, lakes, rivers, bays etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Pelican Catch 120 that has a max capacity of 750 lbs. I use it for fishing the shallow bay and tidal areas. I can easily stand and fly fish as its 35" wide.

I finally put some slime in the boat...got on the pike today and hammered them!

Attachments

• Pike.jpg
    Pike.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 1,533
That should be some fine dining. Pike from cold water is superb. Even if they are put back, it had to have been great fun bringing them in. Good show!

Nice, looks like that pike had a run in with a bigger pike :) beautiful weather too.

DrMike":b6xun7v0 said:
That should be some fine dining. Pike from cold water is superb. Even if they are put back, it had to have been great fun bringing them in. Good show!

We kept a couple to eat and let a bunch go.

They are fun to catch, not so much fun to clean. It's not difficult...but you have to make a bunch of cuts to get through them.

Gerry, yeah- it's spawning season and all of them had a variety of injuries..apparently being a pike ain't easy!. We had about 2 nice hours this morning before the rain set in.

Back