Browning A bolt Hunter

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
Has anyone seen or handled a new Browning A bolt Hunter lately. I saw one in a gun shop yesterday and it looked like the stock had the satin finish like the micro hunter has. I was in a hurry and couldn't ask to look at it to confirm it. All of the ones I have seen in the past have had a gloss finish. Browning's website still lists it as a gloss finish.

The only one I have seen is a gloss. Check back to their website as all the companies are uploading new products for 2005.

I hope so! Even though I am not a huge Browning fan I always hated the glossy finish! I would take the oil finish models anydays. Same for the Weatherbies!

Browning has a Hunter model, which has a gloss finish, and a Classic Hunter, which has a satin finish.

:) I notice that Brownings website has changed with the New Years listings. They have changed the A bolt Hunter to a Satin finish stock instead of a gloss. They had been listing the WSSM rifles this way so I thought it would just be a matter of time for the rest to get the change. Prior to my initial post I had talked to someone affliated with the company who told me this was in the wind but they were unable to confirm it. Happy to see the change, now I may purchase one.

I just checked the website. The A-Bolt Hunter does not say if it is gloss or satin. I just bought the Classic Hunter in .270WSM because I wanted the satin stock. I also wanted the standard 270 instead of the WSM but if I wanted a satin stock, I had to get the Classic Hunter. It would be a good move if they do convert to satin instead of gloss. I never understood why they would put a glpss stock on a gun that has matte blueing?????

I have a BLR with the gloss stock...for 15 years. That and the trigger slop was the only thing I do not like about the gun. Handling, accuracy, fit, all the stuff that really matter I loved about the gun.

Click on the part number and it will give you more detailed specs where it lists a satin finish stock. Prior to 1-1-05 it used to list gloss.

Back