Custom Build - 300 Win. Mag.

I have been working on load development for this rifle and found it likes H1000.

I shot this, four shot, 0.40" group today. I didn't measure the 3 shot cluster. It shoots as good as it looks.

180 BT & H1000.JPG

108 BT & H1000 - .40 Group.JPG

Color me happy!
Dan

That's hard to take that sort of accuracy, Dan. (y) H1000 has been a great propellant for a number of rifles for which I loaded.

Excellent shooting Dan! You have great velocity and ES, SD numbers. I would call it good!
The MT elk are in deep dark trouble this fall!

JD338

That's hard to take that sort of accuracy, Dan. (y) H1000 has been a great propellant for a number of rifles for which I loaded.
Dr. Mike, you have referred to Forster dies many times over the years and I decided to try them. I got more consistency, and it sized the short neck all the way to the shoulder. These loaded rounds had a T.I.R. of only 0.001" measured on the ogive of the bullet. My group size dropped a full 0.2" for the same load when using a different resizing die. This made me a believer in Forster dies. Dan

Excellent shooting Dan! You have great velocity and ES, SD numbers. I would call it good!
The MT elk are in deep dark trouble this fall!

JD338
Thanks, Jim. I am going to try to get similar results now with the 180 gr. AB. Dan

Dr. Mike, you have referred to Forster dies many times over the years and I decided to try them. I got more consistency, and it sized the short neck all the way to the shoulder. These loaded rounds had a T.I.R. of only 0.001" measured on the ogive of the bullet. My group size dropped a full 0.2" for the same load when using a different resizing die. This made me a believer in Forster dies. Dan
Glad they work for you as well as they have worked for me, Dan. They are worth the price, in my experience.

Back