Recent content by jimbires

  1. J

    PA elk

    I'm pretty sure that season is Archery only
  2. J

    Movember , men's health

    I talked to Mom this morning . Uncle Jack is getting a hormone treatment , and radiation treatments . She thinks he still has a couple of treatments to go . she's not sure if they both happen on the same day . Mom said , Uncle Jacks sister in law ,is a higher grade of nurse , or maybe even a...
  3. J

    PA elk

    here is a good elk harvested in this years early elk season . congratulations to the hunter . https://www.outdoornews.com/2026/09/28/centre-county-produces-potential-record-bull-elk-in-pennsylvania/?vgo_ee=yo8K%2B4GTweA%2BQRy99N5FR4rBm10hRRTrQJ88QJdg6Ul6wWdV%3A9qZHbE6a795lpph%2B2faZjFNE0XQNo4FB
  4. J

    Movember , men's health

    one more story on early detection , being so important . a couple years ago cancer was found in my girlfriend Denise . it had already got a good start before being detected . Denise fought a hard battle , but lost the fight 7-15-25 at age 64 .
  5. J

    Movember , men's health

    I'll get a little info from my mother , for you to pass along to your older buddy that has surgery scheduled . My uncle Jack , Mom's brother . has just gone through something for Prostate cancer . Jack would be around 80 years old . don't hold me to this , but I think it was some kind...
  6. J

    2026 Hunting Season

    Ohio produces some good bucks . I know a few locals that hunt Ohio yearly .
  7. J

    Movember , men's health

    with the lead up to Movember I thought I'd post this . maybe it will twist an arm or two into getting checked . My Dad died from prostate cancer 10/11/18 . three years later , about to the day , I got a call from my DR saying he made me an appointment with a urologist due to a high PSA...
  8. J

    Search Function

    I tried the search maybe a week ago . I couldn't get it to work either .
  9. J

    First call new shop

    tell her , Honey every time I hear your sweet raspy voice it reminds me of spring gobbler season .
  10. J

    Trail camera recommendations

    nice looking animals . your daytime moose was a camera hog . the Muddy camera seems to do a good job . if I was needing another , I'd buy one .
  11. J

    224 Wby 7-22-26 Upaded 8-23-26

    does the Larry Willis collet die work on the 224 WBY brass ? not sure of the cost of this brass , if a die would be worth the cost . YES , you are correct , a regular sizing die does little to nothing right above the belt .
  12. J

    Public Land Fall Longbeard/Tom Hunting Tips & Advice

    it's about the same in my area . we have an abundant acorn crop this year . there are numerous apple trees in my neighborhood , and lucky to have seen an apple or two on any one of the trees . don't forget to watch around any grassy openings , I have seen some , here and there , hanging...
  13. J

    280 AI Powder

    thanks for posting this , it's very good info , for either side of the mono bullet debate . your mono metal bullet , on game results mirror my findings . I have not tried as many different bullets as you , nor have I shot as many animals as you . I gave up on them fairly quick . from...
  14. J

    220 partition in 300 win mag

    I'm not sure if you've had much time , to look around the forum . there is a bullet test section . you can go there and look at bullet results . one thing you'll notice on the partition is , there is no surprises . the partition is a very consistent bullet , across all calibers and weights ...
  15. J

    224 Wby 7-22-26 Upaded 8-23-26

    I wonder if a small base die , would size the old brass enough to get it to chamber in the new BBL ??? nice results with the new BBL . I sure like the Shilen BBL on the Grandsons 260 . it has shot everything I've tried . it sure is fun playing with a rifle that wants to shoot . it spoils...
Back
Top