Recent content by mjcmichigan

  1. mjcmichigan

    270 Win switched RL17 to RL16

    lol. Yes they do! When they do! Happy 16 is looking good as its temp stabile like 25 and 26. I will have to go back to the LGS and see if he still has RL16 and grab another pound. A guy at the range(right there with… I read it on the internet) he said RL16 is very similar to Varget. I have...
  2. mjcmichigan

    270 Win switched RL17 to RL16

    Heavens no. Have been using RL7 and it works nice. 1923fps at 49.1grains.(might have to look that up at home H4198 is the powder I hope to move the 45/70 to. FYI. Updated the original post to mention RL7
  3. mjcmichigan

    270 Win switched RL17 to RL16

    I just had a pinch me I’m dreaming range day. Took the 270Win out with a ladder and two other loads to verify. First my first load is RL17 54.2 grains, Norma brass. 130 gn TTSX . Avg. 3103 ES 19 Sd 8.5 Next up 45/70 325 FTX with RL7. Going to migrate to H4198 if it likes it. Ave 1927 Es 22 SD...
  4. mjcmichigan

    At my local range today

    Are those Big Tail deer? Great photo and great group! Happy Hunting. Give us a report when you return!
  5. mjcmichigan

    Range report -Old school 3030Win

    PJ you have a great collection!
  6. mjcmichigan

    Range report -Old school 3030Win

    Yikes! 4K!? Wow! That’s a fishing expedition! I like the 338 Marlin idea!
  7. mjcmichigan

    Range report -Old school 3030Win

    This one. It’s a 22” 336XLR. Funny story. Heard a story about a guy who didn’t want to talk to his wife about buying another rifle. So he went to the he gun store, picked one out and worked out a lay away deal. So every day, he’d skip lunch and save his lunch money… long time passes and he...
Back
Top