6.5 CM dies

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
What is everyone using for dies? Thinking of Forster or Hornady, but open to suggestions. Not competitive shooting, just paper punching and hunting.

I only have one set on hornady rifle dies (243 win) and i dont like them, much prefer RCBS.

I use Redding dies. I remove the button and use carbide steel mandrels to open the necks.
120 Ballistic Tips / recent group test
10xvjd9.jpg

Redding and Forster are my preferred dies. Forster will hone the sizing die so you don’t overwork your necks. Their micro seater is the best on the market.
A lot of my bottle neck cartridges I use the Lee collet die with Redding’s body die and Forster’s micro seater.

Redding and Forster are my preferred dies. Forster will hone the sizing die so you don’t overwork your necks. Their micro seater is the best on the market.
A lot of my bottle neck cartridges I use the Lee collet die with Redding’s body die and Forster’s micro seater.
This!!!

I have Redding, RCBS, Lyman, Pacific, Forster, Wilson, Lee, Dillon, and Hornady. I have exhaustively measured headspace consistency and concentricity. I’ve found that the press is more critical in terms of quality production than the die. If the ram on the old Rockchucker is slopping around in the frame, quality will suffer. I have gone to a Forster Coax press. It is seldom I produce a round that has more than .002 runout with it.

Back