10 days ago

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
There are a few gaps along the trail, some of the trips were more than 50 years ago, don’t remember all of them but it was a treat to reach the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5856.jpg
    IMG_5856.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 151
I’ve done the entire length of Oregon and Washington but not all of California. As a kid our scoutmaster would volunteer us to build or repair a section every year.

Wow! Big accomplishment !

I’d love to try a section of it some day.. a couple days at most. None of that yo-yoing the whole trail.

Scott Williamson -7 x. Serious logistics planning, serious risk of not surviving…

Here’s an article on him after 2 times…

He failed many times before making it

Don. You’re in elite company!

Congratulations!

https://www.pcta.org/wp-content/uploads ... preads.pdf

Well we only did a part of California and given proximity we knocked off what we did in one week chunks, one or two longer chunks. Never attempted more than that a year. Most of it in Boy Scouts.

Excellent. I've done much of Washington, none of Oregon, and some of California. Am thinking it's a little late to finish this one.

Congrats!

Congrats and well done! Must be quite an experience. My Nephew did the "Continental divide ride", Montana (Canada border was closed) to Mexico on a bike. Both must be life changing journeys. CL

Congratulations. I like Hiking and have thought about doing the AT but I just don’t know if I want to spend 5-6 months doing it.

Back