10 or 15 MOA rails?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Looking for one in blued for my wby mark V magnum.

Anyone make one?

Thanks

I have a 20. Run out of adjustments need a 15 or a 10

A choice of 0 and 20 MOA.

I have the 20 MOA.

Go 0 then. That would mean you'd have basically have a whole 20MOA of up and that should get you to 7-800yds on clicks alone. You have mil dots after that.

Near will make a 10 MOA base if you have to have one ;)

I say go with 0. Do you really need the cant on a gun that isn't really meant for long range?

--md

IdahoCTD":s53tcjwv said:
Go 0 then. That would mean you'd have basically have a whole 20MOA of up and that should get you to 7-800yds on clicks alone. You have mil dots after that.

That is what I am thinking Nathan.

Near is great but man oh man they are expensive.

FOTIS":16a310p8 said:
IdahoCTD":16a310p8 said:

That is what I am thinking Nathan.

Near is great but man oh man they are expensive.

If you want a nice rail that isn't quite so expensive, look at the Talley. I put one on my .30/378, and it's working out well.

http://swfa.com/Weatherby-C3308.aspx

Comes in 20MOA or 0MOA

--Mark

I ran the numbers and it looks like it will only get you to 650-700yds depending on what the true amount of adjustment you have left but with the crappy BC a .416 isn't much good after that anyway.

Found the perfect answer. Left the 20 MOA base on it and bought a scope with more adjustments!

2.5x16x42mm

DMyHm.jpg

ocYVi.jpg

gEs6n.jpg

suFMO.jpg

Go with a zero that will put you more in the.center of your adjustments where the click values are more accurate. shims work great on a door jam not so.well on a rifle scope.

This is why I opted for the elite. It has 15 more MOA than the Zeiss

It is ok guys. Like I said I have a new scope coming just as good in quality with more adjustments. Thank you!

usmc 89":3pg8wki1 said:
Go with a zero that will put you more in the.center of your adjustments where the click values are more accurate. shims work great on a door jam not so.well on a rifle scope.

I was assuming whomever would know how to correctly use one... Or, just spend more for a new/custom rail or scope. I'm perfectly OK with that too if it's in the budget. :wink:

Back