100gr TSX and 165 pound six point - Bullet & GB300wm

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Well, it has been great being with Jerry and he is a very good host. He has had quit a back ground in competition and reloading and is an excellent shoot. You should ask him to post his three shot group with a 100gr GS and some of his other targets with his 257 Accumark. He has out shot my 257wby, he really is a very good shot. I will be trying his load and the GS bullet in my 257Wby some time soon.

Well, we went this morning and it was about 68 degrees and there was fog and some light rain. Not long after sunrise this big bodied six point came walking across the gas line we were on. Jerry was about 500 yds down the line from me and had just seen a big long bodied bob cat and thought about shooting it but decided he would not. He said it was about one minute later that I shot. Here are some pictures of the deer and me and Jerry.

Tomorrow or Wed. we will try and fill my doe tag.

Here is Jerry washing the mud off the deer.
IMG_7887.jpg

Here is me and we are about to start the skinning
IMG_7889.jpg

This is for POP, this is not a 416 but the 100gr TSX was impressive
IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Nicely done bullet, congratulations.

JD338

Here is where I was hunting this morning. The first is to the west (this is what I waded through to get to the stand). The second picture is south of the stand, and the last two are to my north. We were hunting in a swamp for sure.

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

Thats just a 5 point ..... that sixth point is a snorkel! :)
Good job bullet, is that Mississippi, or did you find a swamp else where?
JDMAG

Oh my :grin: just look at those beautiful BBQ'd loin steaks,MMMMMMMMM :grin: Way to go :!:

JDMAG":2tzd4me4 said:
Thats just a 5 point ..... that sixth point is a snorkel! :)
Good job bullet, is that Mississippi, or did you find a swamp else where?
JDMAG

South Louisiana about 45 minutes south of Baton Rouge where GB300wm lives and hunts. The deer need a snorkel and the water is low for this time of the year. I got by with knee boots and did not have to use my hip waders.

Thanx for the dedication! :twisted:

I adore the GS Customs.

Jerry killed a doe this morning with the GS and it looked much like the TSX Monday. Here are some more pictures of the place we were hunting.

The camp
IMG_7920.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

His four wheeler is rigged to run in some deep water with the snorkel.
IMG_7926.jpg

A few more pictures of where I was hunting again today.
IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7910-1.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

Straight down form my stand to the water
IMG_7908.jpg

Behind my stand
IMG_7919.jpg

Yes there are gators there. We've seen them from 4 to 10 feet long. Good thing for us they are not out this time of year. They come out in the spring till late summer. :grin:

Monday evening when I was walking out when light got so low I could not see in my scope to shoot, a cotton mouth swam right across the water not two feet in front of me. He pause looking my direction, I did not move and he went on his way taking care of business at 76 degrees looking for frogs, they were every where making so much noise you could not hear anything else. Those frogs are the sound of the swamp.

Good work Bullet, I was raised hunting on place similar to your pics. Lost it about 10 years ago, I sure do miss it.

Well, it is Wed night and I am back home from a great hunt and fellowship with GB300wm. I saw 6 coons, 2 possums, 2 does, one buck, one cotton mouth, a bunch of wood ducks, 2 big flocks of crows, lots of turtles, buzzards every where and heard millions of frogs. There were cardinals, robins, sparrows and a few turkeys fly over my head. Three great days in God's creation while having a ball. Here are a few final pictures of where I hunted this afternoon and evening before I left for home.

The trail we came in on and it ends right by the stand I was in.
IMG_7928.jpg

Now the wonderful view from my stand
IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

520yds down this rig is where GB300wm hunting this evening and if you look closely you can see his stand.
IMG_7934.jpg

THANKS GB300wm IT WAS GREAT!!!!

Thanks for posting details and photos of your hunt. It is neat to see where people hunt in different parts of the country. That area is so much different than what I think of when I think deer hunting. Thanks again for sharing!

You're quite welcome Boresighter. You're right as I can imagine that it is very much different than where you are. Recent weather has more water in the woods and I will soon need hip boots to get around. :grin:

Back