120gn 7mm BT?

A friend of mine uses the .308 125gr NBT from a 16" AR in .300 Whisper, all shots are 75yds and in from varmints to deer, big cheif say bad medicine, bang flop is a good description.

TNX BLUE DOT FOR PICTURES- FOR SURE IT HAS A HEAVY JACKET, WONT HESITATE TO USE IT ON GAME(DEER AND ALIKES). WILL TRY ITFIRST ON MY 7MM08 AND LATER ON MY 280- SEEMS JD338 HAS USE IT ON HIS 280AI WITH GOOD RESULTS(GROUPS), HAVE TRIED IT ON GAME?
ON THE PAST HAVE USED BALLISTIC TIPS WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS, HAVENT TRIED ACCUBONDS, LETS SEE THIS SEASON.

CZ":32h7k7su said:
TNX BLUE DOT FOR PICTURES- FOR SURE IT HAS A HEAVY JACKET, WONT HESITATE TO USE IT ON GAME(DEER AND ALIKES). WILL TRY ITFIRST ON MY 7MM08 AND LATER ON MY 280- SEEMS JD338 HAS USE IT ON HIS 280AI WITH GOOD RESULTS(GROUPS), HAVE TRIED IT ON GAME?

CZ,

Actually I have only shot 3 120 gr BT's through my 280AI, and I posted the pic of the group. I just might have to load up some more 120 gr BT's and do some more shooting.

JD338

i found the jacket of a 120gr ballistic tip on the far side hide of a bull elk i shot at about 90yds. the elk jumped up and did a backflip landed on it's back. legs splayed, dead.

BALTZ526 IN WHAT CAL. DID U USED THE 120GR BT, YOUR SHOT WAS REAL CLOSE, WAS A TEST FOR THAT 120GR BALLISTIC TIP.- ANY PIC.-
DID U RECOVERED BULLET?
IT SEEMS A GOOD TEST FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BT!

7mm remington mag. muzzle velocity of 3400fps, impact velocity at 90yds i'll guess 3200fps plus. i have the jacket somewhere. but it is not much to look at. if you want animals you shoot, to be dead real fast, the ballistic tip is a great choice. i have used the 120 and 140gr ballistic tip bullets for years on deer pick the most accurite of them and go get your game

Back