129g hornady interbond vs 129 nosler ablr

Why would you want to change anything from a load that was shooting sub-quarter MOA groups at 300..... with a .30/180 AccuBond at pert’near 3200?

Seems to me.... that load will turf the crap out of anything you point it at, for about a half-mile.... and probably a might further.

I’d have absolutely ZERO problems picking a fight with all but about 4 or 5 animals walking this entire planet with that set-up.... a bull Nilgai should be no problem for a well placed shot.

Songdog":2iq7uq17 said:
Why would you want to change anything from a load that was shooting sub-quarter MOA groups at 300..... with a .30/180 AccuBond at pert’near 3200?

Seems to me.... that load will turf the crap out of anything you point it at, for about a half-mile.... and probably a might further.

I’d have absolutely ZERO problems picking a fight with all but about 4 or 5 animals walking this entire planet with that set-up.... a bull Nilgai should be no problem for a well placed shot.

I mentioned it was tough to change that load. (y) It's a hard to beat hunting load, but curious on Barnes, don't mean I will use it, on weight and speed needed to get the job done. I am sure my load get er' done easily. I read that most use a lighter bullet such as a 165 grain Barnes or a 150 grain to open properly in 30 caliber. Is that true?

Sorry Michael for being off topic.

Songdog":15cx6iab said:

I hear that. With that sorta load it’ll wreck everything.

Songdog":15cx6iab said:
Yeah Scotty.... it’s funny how hunting with my wife and kids over the last couple years has altered my approach to things like rifles and Bullets and loads. Somehow, it’s way more fun....

I bet a 7mm 120 at 2600 or so would work very well on elks inside about 200 yards or so.... and not beat a kid to death.

Yup, I started my boy back when he was young with a 243 and light loads. He moved up to his 7x57 and a 300 Wby. Shoots them as well as I can.

The daughter was a little different, she tolerated very little from the get go. 222 for her then reduced 243 and now reduced 7-08 loads. She is a wicked shooter but I take it easy on loads. Honestly with that 120 around 2500 in either a BT or TTSX there isn’t too much she’s limited to, except range. Can’t wait to get her on an elk.

If I was gonna shoot a Barnes out of a .300 Win.... it’d probably be the 150 TTSX hailing as much ass as I could get..... 3400-3500 maybe? It would be like an enormous .25/06.... and I bet you’d never stop one of those bullets in a critter on this side on the pond.

Funny how we treat daughters and wives so differently than sons. I’m very cautious of what I hand my daughter to shoot.... I know it only takes one rough shot to destroy years of technique and practice.... not to mention her trusting me when I say it won’t hurt her.

Interestingly enough... she’s killed both her deer with a .50 cal Muzzleloader (downloaded a bit of course).

TackDriver284":3imkpent said:
Songdog":3imkpent said:

I mentioned it was tough to change that load. (y) It's a hard to beat hunting load, but curious on Barnes, don't mean I will use it, on weight and speed needed to get the job done. I am sure my load get er' done easily. I read that most use a lighter bullet such as a 165 grain Barnes or a 150 grain to open properly in 30 caliber. Is that true?

Sorry Michael for being off topic.
Hahaha man it is fine! I enjoy all of it. I have thought about getting some 100 gr ttsx and try in my creedmoor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Songdog":3mwcovzq said:
Funny how we treat daughters and wives so differently than sons. I’m very cautious of what I hand my daughter to shoot.... I know it only takes one rough shot to destroy years of technique and practice.... not to mention her trusting me when I say it won’t hurt her.

Interestingly enough... she’s killed both her deer with a .50 cal Muzzleloader (downloaded a bit of course).

For sure SD.. My son was easy, my daughter loves the 223-222’s but still frets a little over the 7-08 even though it’s super soft kicking. I don’t mind, we shoot a lot of 22’s.

Back