145 grand slam, 7mm08 jugs

Firebird

Handloader
Jun 22, 2013
Shot from my rem 700 7mm08 it penetrated six jugs and left a divet in he back of number six. Really surprised how deep it went. Measurements are in the pictures, shot at 100 yards and chronographed at 2808 fps. Once fired rem brass with fed 210m primer, 48.3 grains of h-4350, sub one inch at one hundred yards. Another really great bullet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,285
One of my former hunting buddies (now moved to Saskatchewan) used nothing but 145 grain Grand Slams in his 7mm-08. He took everything except for grizzly in this area with that load. Never saw a moose, black bear, whitetail or mulie go very far when he put one of those in the boiler.

Wow, very nice. I have a few of them in the stash as well. Might have to find a 7mm to shoot them out of!

That bullet looks real good.

Looks like they still do well if not pushed too fast, I may need to try them out again. I had a new version 165 gr G.S. from a 300 WSM come apart in bullet testing so stopped using them, the old version held together well however. They were my go to bullet for a bunch of years.

I have a few lb's of them Bill gave me wrapped in brown paper.. Pretty sure they are the old ones. :lol:

Back