175ABLR

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Here's a recovered 175. Retained 77.5gr which is 44% of its original weight expanded to .486" and was found in the 5th jug outta a 280AI @ 2860.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 2,896
Excellent! Great penetration. I'm shooting the .277 150ABLR in a WSM.

That sounds like a combination that's hard to beat 7mm - 175gn - 2860fps with that kind of penetration.

The internet feedback has been consistent so far as to the performance of these new bullets.

Great performance. I'll likely be trying these in my 7RM. I believe they will work very well, indeed.

Nice work Jake.
Thats pretty impressive velocity from your 280 AI.

JD338

DrMike":1r5tsw8o said:
Great performance. I'll likely be trying these in my 7RM. I believe they will work very well, indeed.

Mike, do you think they will stabilize in the 7mm RM Model 70's? Just wondering as that is sorta why I have held off in trying them in mine.

Jake, the ABLR's all look the same coming out of the jugs. I think Nosler did excellent with them. Way to go buddy. That looks like a great bullet. Pushed by a big 7, it should be really good.

My Winchester is a 10 twist. Whilst I would prefer it to be a 9 twist (or even 9.5 twist), I believe it will stabilise the 175 ABLR. Of course, there is one sure way to verify my supposition. I hope to get to that this winter.

DrMike":2jwqd6ie said:
My Winchester is a 10 twist. Whilst I would prefer it to be a 9 twist (or even 9.5 twist), I believe it will stabilise the 175 ABLR. Of course, there is one sure way to verify my supposition. I hope to get to that this winter.

I will be watching Mike. Might even try myself if I get the time.

Mine is a 1-9" so I don't have any problems. 5 jugs really surprised me I thought it was gonna be 4 and done.

I just got a couple boxes to to run in my semi custom 7RM. I usually run 3060 fps with a Berger 180/Retumbo load or 3000 fps with H1000. I'm excited to see what the 175 LRAB will do. I'm hoping to hit around 3080 with them. I also hope the BC holds true to advertised.

Scotty
I think you would be fine running the 175 gr ABLR in your 1:10 twist 7 mm RM.
3000 fps would be an impressive load.

JD338

Brent,

Thanks for posting. I see you've only recently begun posting. Welcome aboard. Its good to see new faces, and I do like your avatar. I encourage all new members to give us an introduction. If you're willing to do so, I'd invite you to go to this thread (http://www.noslerreloading.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22761&start=100) and give us an introduction. I know I'd appreciate it, and I'm certain others would as well.

JD338":133nk4qf said:
3000 fps would be an impressive load.

JD338

That's what I'm thinking. The 180 Berger is impressive at 3000+. I can't wait to get the 175s going. I'll let you all know what I come up with in a few weeks.

Has anyone compared the surface bearing length of the 175 ABLR to the 175 Partition? Nosler reloading manual states a MV of 2970 for the Partition, so I would assume that the ABLR will have a much shorter bearing surface allowing MV well above 3000 fps. You would think Nosler would have posted the specs on the ABLR,s. All info appreciated.

sendero72":10yon90b said:
Has anyone compared the surface bearing length of the 175 ABLR to the 175 Partition? Nosler reloading manual states a MV of 2970 for the Partition, so I would assume that the ABLR will have a much shorter bearing surface allowing MV well above 3000 fps. You would think Nosler would have posted the specs on the ABLR,s. All info appreciated.

Sendero,

I have run 175 PT outta my rifle and they ran at 2828 and the LRAB ran at 2860 same powder and charge. When you compare the two bullets side by side the PT has significantly more bearing surface. In fact I have it posted in the bullet test under 175PT.

Jake

Back