180 partition for 30-06

That's really great info!

I'll write some of it down in my reloading manual!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

pharmseller":21gq2cd3 said:
https://kristian555.livejournal.com/27291.html

Based on this article I tried Hunter powder. 59 grains under a 180 Partition was outstanding, with velocity close to 2775 from my Tikka. This load has put elk in the freezer for me. I named the load Hammer.

If your brother wants the exact recipe, since we’re both shooting Tikkas, I’m happy to provide it.

P

Ya, that was a very popular article by John Barsness several years ago. (y)

I used it to guide my load work for the 165, 180 & 200 gr bullet weights. I've still got a couple of pounds of that Hunter powder, and intend to use it for 180 gr loads with the 30-06. I tried a few of them, and they shot well with 2800 fps coming pretty easily.

BTW - the outfitter/guide for my grizzly hunt wanted me to use 200's, but said that if they didn't shoot well, 180 gr Nosler Partitions would be just fine. They were my backup plan, but the 200's shot really well.

Guy

I was able to secure one pound of Hunter some years past, but it was not generally available here in Canada. Consequently, after initial very positive work, I had to let the efforts slide. The powder was very good both in my 30-06 and in my 280.

I haven't used any ramshot powders . I have seen some decent looking info on quickload though .

We loaded up some rounds with H4350 tonight. Now that rifle season is over my brother is going to try and test them out. I will let you know how things go.

Back