180grn PP .30cal.

grizz007

Beginner
Oct 3, 2005
I enjoy shooting my wifes tuned Ruger MkII AW. I have used IMR4350 with other makes of bullets and have yet to shoot these Protected Points. What powder suggestions do have for this rifle. I imagine Hodgon works well too. Ruger fans are you out there?

grizz,

What caliber are you shooting?

Regards,

JD338

JD338":2fitiite said:
grizz,

What caliber are you shooting?

Regards,

JD338
thankyou JD-kind of sheepish knowing the realization I did not put the caliber in question. This is a .30-06 Springfield-sounds good huh? Springfield, some good memeories of yesteryears. Old miners/trappers/pilots and hunters use to say the "springfield".
I was imagining some greater velocities than 2700fps but that is not true with all powders. I live some 180 miles from the closest town and need to have recommended the best powder. Somewhere soon before the Grizz come out I will get some 200 and 220 grains so the powders will have to comliment them weights as well.
I have some RL 15, 19, IMR 4350, that could work but little of each. Hows H414 or H4350-these are pretty much temp. insensitive I understand so that will be to my benefit seasonallly. Have you ever tried Winchester WXR? RL22 in this caliber and bullet weight?
I use a chrono so that is a plus here-little square batteries(9v) are hard to get as well. Keep one warm in this weather and change out as needed.
regards
Grizz007

Grizz007,

I have been away from the 30-06 for a few years now but the old standby powder was IMR4350. If I were going to start loading 30-06 again, I would take a close look at RL22 and the 200 gr PT.

Regards,

JD338

my most consistant load with the 200gr Partition pp is using h4831 and mag primers in the 30-06. have killed several elk with it, dramatic results at under 200yds.

Back