1918 .45 S&W model 1917 Us Army

UsSoldier

Beginner
Jan 14, 2006
I was wondering if anyone know what this pistol might be worth. It was a gift form my grandfather. IT is in about 80% condition.

gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com Do a search and this will give you what people are paying. Are you realy sure you want to sell a pistol that was recalled back into service because it was so well liked. No other pistol in the army has done this. Unlike the 45acp it can throw a 300grainer out there. George Patton carried one of these on one side and a 357 on the other. This is THE ARMY SIDE ARM of side arms. Are you really sure you want to get rid of it? Sell one of those plastic guns but not this, as you learn more about pistols and stuff you will be very sad you sold it or very happy you kept it.

You are off to the101st or Alaska ok now I am on my knees. For all that is good and decent in this world don't sell it. Sell your k-pot those annoying cochran boots but not this.

If this plea has not worked send me a pic name a price and I will buy it probably go to hell but I'll buy it

before I get slammed yes I know it was a SW 357 and a colt 45 still believe he should keep it and yes I just finished reading an article in handloader where they were putting 300 grain bullets in a 45acp He has a zillion hours of experimenting not me still 45 colt is an awsome round with a great history behind it

You should keep it. People see you walking around with that on your side and all the old guys will think you are a very smart person.

before I get slammed yes I know it was a SW 357 and a colt 45 still believe he should keep it and yes I just finished reading an article in handloader where they were putting 300 grain bullets in a 45acp He has a zillion hours of experimenting not me still 45 colt is an awsome round with a great history behind it

You should keep it. People see you walking around with that on your side and all the old guys will think you are a very smart person.

Back