2013 father-son bear hunt

My oh My. Nice bear. The terrain looks like great bear country. Great for spot and stalk. congrats to both of you.

Nicely done Guy, way to go.
Congratulations on a great bear.

JD338

Congrats on the bear, good luck finding one for you to tag :) he looks to be a nice mature boar.

Congrats on a fine bear. The best days in the field for myself is when my son is along with me.

Thanks guys.

I really wanted this to be my son's bear & bear hunt - and that's the way it worked out. If I tagged one as well, that would be great, but I just wasn't as excited about that as I was about him getting another bear.

We did luck into a good one. This is a typical mature boar for the area, a little bigger I think, than either of our bears last time. It sure was a good hunt, with a lot of work, and a lot of smiles all around. I like the deep chocolate color. When the pelt comes back from the tannery in a few months, I'll try to get a couple of good photos with the sun on it. Really a nice rich color. Will also update with skull measurements when available.

Regards, Guy

Guy, That is a fine looking bear! Great story, and shooting as well.

I took my family camping on the Snake river this weekend. We saw two really nice bears on the Idaho side of the river. I tried to convince the Idaho game warden that stopped by camp that if the bear was standing in the river I could use my Oregon tag, he didn't go for it.

Between camping and reading your post, I'm heading out looking for one this weekend. It's been to long since I whacked a bear, or was in the woods looking for a bear.

How do you prepare your bear meat?

Guy, Congrats to you and your son. I love the smile on his face. That is a heck of a bear. Good luck on filling your tag.

Guy,
The 06 strikes again!!! Great story and congrats on all accounts to you and your son. Great shooting. That 165 Partition is a dead ringer too.

Don

Back