2013 Hunting Pictures

Wow, I have been away from this site for a while. Great photos good to see everyone's success stories over the past year!

I'm thinking that's already her rifle, and you simply haven't realized it yet... :grin:

My oldest son should meet her. Maybe she could get him to hunt!

Guy

Guy Miner":3no9hwm4 said:
I'm thinking that's already her rifle, and you simply haven't realized it yet... :grin:

My oldest son should meet her. Maybe she could get him to hunt!

Guy

Good point Guy. Guess I will go get another ML and let her decide which one she wants.

JD338

Nice story JD, congrats to the daughter as that was a nice deer ! Really neat to have a youngster that enjoys god's grocery store :) really nice she enjoys hunting !

Here are a couple of pictures of a nice Blacktail I got out of the back yard on the last day of the early archery season. A 30 yard, straight on shot, the 100 gr. Muzzy, launched by an obsolete Clearwater compound did a great job as you can see from the picture.
PIC_0263.JPG
PIC_0261.JPG
PIC_0260.JPG

I got two pictures of this bull before the camera batteries died. About 350 yards with the 300 WM, he went down with the first shot, laid down in a large opening for a min or so, then got up and started walking away. My partner(scotty) smacked him hard with his 338, (also to far back) and that was the end of the hunt for me and him. A nice pretty young bull.
PIC_0269.JPG

Bill,

Those are a couple of excellent animals. That blacktail is a great beast. You did very well.

Thanks Mike, that elk hunt will be in my memory bank for a long time. It was very challenging because of the weather, the terrain and the pack out. I did score both bulls however and mine went about 63 inches, my partners only about 40. So there was no doubt as to which of us got the best bull.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Elkman":1zhdnfa1 said:
Thanks Mike, that elk hunt will be in my memory bank for a long time. It was very challenging because of the weather, the terrain and the pack out. I did score both bulls however and mine went about 63 inches, my partners only about 40. So there was no doubt as to which of us got the best bull.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Age and deception defeat youth and strength every time. Good one, Bill. Gotta' keep those youngun's humble in the presence of such experience. :grin:

Great pictures Bill. That's a great black tail.

I'll concede Bills elk was bigger though. The old man picked the B&C spike out!

It was an awesome hunt though. Not sure how it would have been any better. Well, maybe if my guide let me take a bone or two out if the quarters before I pack muled his meat off the mountains! :lol:

ELKman- that is a very pretty black-tail- from what I understand, that is a bruiser of a buck for that sub- species. Very cool. Sounds like you and Scott had a great elk hunt. :) CL

cloverleaf
ELKman- that is a very pretty black-tail- from what I understand, that is a bruiser of a buck for that sub- species
Thanks all , it was really more a matter of chance than skill. He just walked into the yard with the does I normally see. Actually bucks are my last choice, but this year I was unable to find an older doe without 1 or more fawns with her. So I was thinking that there would not be any deer meat for the table, this winter. I had not gotten my elk yet so the bottom of the freezer was growing larger by the day. Freezer looks good now.

WOW! Yeah, that is a beauty of a buck right there! Congrats!

Man, looks like the little old 308 get's it done again! Very nice!

Back