2013 Hunting Pictures

Very nice RMiller!

Any details on the slug gun? Montana and slugs guns are never two things I would think of in the same sentence..

That looks like a whole lot of great meat!

NEF ultra slug barrel. 24" 20 gauge. I bought the rifle as a 500 S&W and got the 20 gauge barrel in the barrel accessory program.

The area I hunt with it is Archery, muzzle loader or shotgun only. Muzzle loaders can only use conicals or round balls but shotguns have no restrictions on type of slugs.

The first deer we ever used the slug gun on was a doe at 193 yards. Last year we got two does with it and this year we got two does and two bucks with it.

Here are my son's deer from last weekend with his Savage 220 with the SST's.

Little button head

The 4pt'er that came in later in the day

RMiller and Scotty, both of you have done well in the game field. RMiller, what tippet and fly was used to haul in that deer? :grin:

8lb test and a spinner.

At the hit the deer jumped into the river and swam out about 40 feet. Luckily we had the fishing poles with us.

The crew I had with me plus my oldest son.
girlsanddeer2.jpg

girlsanddeer.jpg

SJB358, how do you like the Savage 220? I have been thinking about picking one up for the 14 season.

RMiller":3gmezv46 said:
SJB358, how do you like the Savage 220? I have been thinking about picking one up for the 14 season.

I like it a whole lot, my wife and son do not like it. If you don't work the bolt with a purpose, it won't cycle. I have had 0 issues with it, cause it is DARNED accurate, but I run an older 11-87 with Buckhammer's so I don't use the 20 gauge much at all. I shot one buck with it last Fall and it worked excellent, but I work bolts much more than those two do. Pretty sure I am going to sell it as soon as the deer season is over here. Probably just get the boy a little Browning BPS or Ithaca Deerslayer.

I can't think of a better platform to shoot slugs from. Excellent trigger, accuracy is real good with about everything, and its fairly light. Feels like my bolt guns as well, so it fits. Down where we are hunting, most of the deer are moving real quick, so having a follow up "feels" good to have, but out of 13 deer we have taken so far, all have been hit with the 1st shot, the extra's were just "nice" to have..

We tagged another today.. This little buck was donated to some folks that could use the venison.

Hey, Scotty, did you notice there is a hole in that poor deer's chest? Great job.

A little late posting, but from opening weekend...

Thought I'd share a pic of a 10 point I shot with my 270 Wby and a 130 SST. Velocity is 3450. Distance was appx 130 yds. Lung shot and hit a rib on the way in and the way out. Deer hit the deck where he stood. Bullet stayed together pretty well surprisingly as it exited without causing too much damage.

I've been toting my 257 more as of late, but decided to knock the dust off the ol' 270 Roy for opening weekend. Glad I did. This hunt reminds me of why I like the Mark V and the 270 Wby so much. Besides being the most versatile cartridge in Weatherby's line-up, it's just such a joy to shoot. Also, love the look, feel and balance of the classic Mark V Deluxe stock.

DrMike":wqeisgz4 said:
Hey, Scotty, did you notice there is a hole in that poor deer's chest? Great job.

Trying to help the here out. Looks like a birth defect.

Wbyfan1,

That is a beautiful buck. His antlers have some mass. Great pictures, by the way.

Ohhh, Great it is DrMike.

By the way , I also got 2 big wildboar here...
My I post the pics.
hmm, and please give me the instruction how to do.
Thanks
Rami

DrMike":u2df3sqh said:
Well, my .280 Rem scored this morning. My 2013 elk is smaller than many I've taken, but he was an exciting challenge. I worked harder for him than I have for any elk in quite a few years.

my buck season
walked up on this 10 pt in the fog , he just couldn't resist a doe that was with him
E41A0211.jpg

then I spied a 7 pt bedded down at 326 yards, he never got up
E41A0213.jpg

also took a nice doe.
RR

Ah, yes, the ladies have been the downfall of many a good buck. Couple of fine looking deer, RR.

Very nice RR.
Way to stack 'em up.

JD338

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32756175@N00/8428382593/
We are hunting moos in Norway with dogs. This is mine. Fenris, Jâmthund, is a steaddy huntingdog that allsaw hunts bear.
This is the moos from the movie.
Lakelander 389 3006spr, barns TTSX 168 grains
this is som of the mooses we hunted this year. We have 11 mos tags every year.

Untitled by killertriz, on Flickr

beatriz kalv by killertriz, on Flickr

IMG_1437 by killertriz, on Flickr
Remington AWR 375H&H, Barnes TSX 270grains

This one we had to let go, 1 1/2 year old.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32756175@N00/13686852855/

Back