2013 Hunting Pictures

Fascinating hunt with the dogs. It would be quite interesting for those of us here in Canada. Great photos and a neat movie, Sendero. Thanks for posting.

Here is the lil' butterball I shot last fall with the T/C Omega loaded with a Nosler .458 cal 300 gr BST.
Shot distance was 100 yds and I dropped him where he stood. He was the best 60 lbs of burger I have ever had.
DSCN04861.jpg

JD338

Great picture Jim! I bet that deer was delicious! We just grilled some tenderloin over a hardwood fire for supper yesterday. Man, there is a reason I hunt so much. Just cannot beat good venison.

Man, you guys are making me hungry. I put a moose roast in the crockpot this past Friday. I have a couple of sirloins to go on the grill tonight. I can't wait.

DrMike":1inc6yne said:
Man, you guys are making me hungry. I put a moose roast in the crockpot this past Friday. I have a couple of sirloins to go on the grill tonight. I can't wait.

Man, I am not sure how you survive on that sorta sub standard chow! :lol:

I make do, Scotty; I make do. I have some wild boar chops to grill later this week. That should put a grin on Mama's chin; I know it will make me smile.

DrMike":338dsz6t said:
Fascinating hunt with the dogs. It would be quite interesting for those of us here in Canada. Great photos and a neat movie, Sendero. Thanks for posting.

For smaller game we use Dachs. They are useful for fox, red stag, rabit, roe deer(capreolus capreolus). We let them loose and they push the game in front of them by barking.

For that kind of game a 3006spr with barns tsx168 is a little bit overkill.
3 out of 12 roedeer 2013 hunting season.

IMAG0392 by killertriz, on Flickr

IMG_1273 by killertriz, on Flickr

IMAG0358 by killertriz, on Flickr

Some picture from one of the days up in the mountain hunting moos. Now it is time for a rest before next hunt session. Jêmthund is used here in Scandinavia on games lik bear, Lynx lynx, moos, wild boar and Red stag (red deer).
Waiting for he moos-dog to report back from search.

IMG_1370 by killertriz, on Flickr

IMG_1401 by killertriz, on Flickr

I also take some Fallow Deer every year. Remington Sendero, Nosler 140 grains AB

IMG_1359 by killertriz, on Flickr

Fallow Deer doe seen through My S&B PMII 5-25x56 P4 fine

IMG_1474 by killertriz, on Flickr

Great pictures Sendero! That looks like some fine country. Lots of animals. Very neat. Thank you for sharing it all.

I appreciate the pictures, Sendero. That is good looking country and a good variety of game. I always enjoy seeing other regions of our world--what is hunted and the methods used. We have quite a few of the same animals here in Canada. We don't have roe deer. There are fallow deer on some of the Gulf Islands. We don't have red stag, but we have elk. There are even wild boar to be found here.

Some of the deer we killed in 2013

Small bobcat taken with New Colt AR-15 and the Nosler 64gr BSB

Nice doe taken with the AR-15 and 64 gr Nosler BSB

Another Nice doe taken, this one was using the M1 Garand and 150gr Ballistic tip Mexican Matched into HXP Ball ammo

Doe, taken with 130 gr 270 Nosler ols lead tipped solid base

M1 Garand and Ballistic tips strike again

257 Weatherby and 110 gr AccuBond layed this 10 point down

That was quite a haul of deer in 2013. What sort of limits do you have in your AO?

DrMike":v3wv04fm said:
That was quite a haul of deer in 2013. What sort of limits do you have in your AO?

We got more than the number shown, we are hunting in Texas. Some Counties allow up to 5 deer, some not so many.

Most of what we (my group of 3) kill now is hunting various State WMA's and State Parks per a draw system and a standby draw system. The State issues special tags which do not count against your personal tags / license. So if you make 3 WMA hunts with a limit of 3 deer per hunt, you could theoretically take 9 deer plus what your personal license allows if you hunt private property also.

Hunting this way has allowed us to hunt some of the finest woods hunting left in the State and kil some very fine bucks in the process.

Here are two bucks we took from Gus Engeling WMA in 2011

The latter picture is pretty much what I remember from hunting Texas when I lived there. I know there are big bucks, but we didn't see many. Great intel. Thanks for sharing.

Real late to the party, but here are a few pics from the 2nd weekend of Nebraska's 2013 November Firearm season.

We watched this buck work it's way down the creek bottom for over an hour. He disappeared for about 15 minutes then appeared straight west of us at a ranged 417 yards. One shot through the spine, right above the shoulder, and it was over.

Took him with a Browning X-Bolt 280 Rem, 56.8 gr. of R-22 behind a 140 gr. TTSX chrony'd at 3050 fps.

I scored him somewhere between 125 & 130.

The orange dot over my right shoulder is where the shot was taken from...picture is taken where he fell.
83fc468e-18a0-40ca-96df-07fc20750928_zps79b360fb.jpg

2013-11-22102659_zps8e6f845c.jpg

a5fadd92-176f-4924-b18b-2089470c59c0_zps335c1ff6.jpg

2013-12-07191343_zps51bacbdf.jpg

Beautiful buck taken with a great shot. Congratulations. Late or early, any of us would be pleased with such a fine animal. He doesn't look to be in heavy rut from the picture. Again, congratulations.

My 2013 Michigan Whitetail (Oceana County)...8pt ~120" taken with a Tikka T3 Stainless Lite @107 yards head on with 140g Nosler AccuBond...bullet was recovered inside the hide on opposite side weighed 83g.
4fabf38eae5c325d276f91316a669a42.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good looking MI buck. Looks as if that young lady is quite pleased as well.

Back