2018 Big Game Plans?

Chasing elk (my first time) in Wyoming the 2nd week of October
Standard whitetail hunting in Virginia (home state)
Waterfowl as usual in Virginia with an annual trip to a friends in Arkansas for ducks (and deer).

The wife, kiddo, and I are in for elk, deer, bighorn, oryx, and antelope. We’re keeping our fingers crossed until the draw!
V/R,
Joe

EOD Diver":iv86pdct said:
The wife, kiddo, and I are in for elk, deer, bighorn, oryx, and antelope. We’re keeping our fingers crossed until the draw!
V/R,
Joe
Good lord that would be an unbelievable season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europe":jgiwe1qc said:
Europe":jgiwe1qc said:
Australia with gal pals

Arizona with son, daughter and granddaughter

Austria with granddaughter

It was suggested we hunt the Rusa and Banteng in Australia and our resident Canadian female Indian said " I am not going to travel all the way to Australia to hunt a deer and a cow"
Now that's funny April! You all are a strong willed bunch who speak your mind. Remind me to watch mine before I let my mouth over-ride my own. :lol:

Thankful Otter":3rgv9l8w said:
the usual harvest of moose, grizzly, sheep and caribou, usually several caribou

this year I will be extremely busy and not home a lot, so we possibly will not hunt deer, goat, muskox or bison this year, as time is not our friend. We quit hunting black bear as they are just too easy and the reward ( hide and meat ) is not worth our time. We have to travel south a bit to hunt Goat and deer and north for muskox and we just will not have the time to do so . We might change our mind about hunting the bison, time will tell.

Dr Mike, how close to home can you hunt Elk ? Hope you harvest some nice Lynx, they can be pretty.

Hodgeman, good luck on the storks. That is too cool.

Guy. will your bear hunt be in Alaska again ? are you still going to check out the Polar Bears and Muskoxen ?

Some amazing sounding hunts. Some day I sure would like to hunt a grizzly bear and a bison in particular from your list!

Maybe a black bear this Spring if there's a big one. Hopefully blacktail in August-September, then a donation to CO for OTC Elk license since I will be to old to hunt by the time I draw a decent area.

Back