2018 loading & shooting goals?

Beyond Susan and I successfully harvesting our bucket list animals in Africa in May, I am looking forward to finding good loads for;
- the 250 AI,
- the 280 Rem,
- the 260 Rem,
- the 6.5 Creedmoor,
- the 6.5 x 55,
- the 375 Win with the 200 gr Sierra, and
- a heavy cast bullet in the 41 Rem Mag for the Marlin leveraction and handguns ( S&W Model 57 and Ruger Blackhawk)

The best group so far with the above 7x57.
5krCy1v.jpg

The load is 41.0 grains RL-15,CCI 200 primer,140 grain Nosler Partition. The average velocity is 2674 fps.

elkhunternm":2uaxcodh said:
The best group so far with the above 7x57.
5krCy1v.jpg

The load is 41.0 grains RL-15,CCI 200 primer,140 grain Nosler Partition. The average velocity is 2674 fps.

Nothing wrong with that group. Some nice shooting, for sure. (y)

Thanks guys!

Made a boo-boo in the load description,the primer should be Winchester Large Rifle and NOT the CCI 200.

Sorry,that is what happens when I try and remember details,instead of reading the paper where I write this stuff down.

I plan to be retired by next hunting season or soon after. I have lots of load work to do and lots of hogs to shoot. I am 67 and the winters are colder and summers hotter. Time to have a little fun. I've worked forty five years. Not too many winters left.

ethmoid1999":10ofw8ik said:
I plan to be retired by next hunting season or soon after. I have lots of load work to do and lots of hogs to shoot. I am 67 and the winters are colder and summers hotter. Time to have a little fun. I've worked forty five years. Not too many winters left.

A fair number of us are in a similar position. That's why at 61, I went on my big Alaskan grizzly hunt last year. I'm in decent condition for my 60's, but am pretty sure I'm not going to be stronger at 70...

So, ya, it's important to take advantage of the time we've got.

Guy

Pretty well have my loads worked out for my primary rifles. Ruminating on a VX5 for the 338 Jarrett, it's certainly capable of some longer range shooting.
Conditioning will be my big effort. While I walk plenty of young men into the ground guiding pheasant hunts, my legs are good for 62, lungs not so much. My brothers and I have booked a wilderness elk hunt in Colorado, base camp is 10 k I've been told. Given I'll spend all summer on the Alaska Peninsula at about 20 feet above sea level, the challenge will be getting ready physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid mine will be the same as the last 5 years....Find one good load for each rifle and stick with it. These dang powder and bullet companies keep releasing new products that I cant seem to resist trying.

Finishing up some load development for my 7mm-08 with 150 gr Ballistic Tips and Partitions, also working on a load for my 280 Remington with a 140 gr Partition.

Simple, more range time. I want to get the 338 Fed across the Chrony with as many test loads as I can so I can make a final decision with my bullet/powder direction.

Along with that I want to finally get some range time to fine tune my 7/08 with the load I've already settled on. Try a couple of different primers, definitely adjust the seating depth and see if I can shrink the 3/4-1 1/4 groups.

After that....work with the AR & 1911.

Loading goals, settle on a hunting load for my 7mm-08. Develop a load for the new 7mm Rem Mag I'm putting together.

Hunting and shooting goals, kill a nice Mule deer with my bow (Not gun related, but I like the challenge). Go back to Wyoming for an antelope or two. See if I can wear out the barrel on my .243!

Back