2021 Hunting Pictures

Nice posts, and nice Deer JD! Mmann- well done all the way around!!! Firsts are alwasy memorable.
Bear- That is a fine classic looking buck too! you guys have had a good year! CL

A handsome buck, without a doubt. Tell us about the hunt. I know I'd enjoy reading how it went down.

Thanks Mike, I saw him first on these trail cam pics here on my property. I hunt other areas as well trying to determine where the nicer bucks are and then concentrate on those spots in season.

This guy popped up several more times in season BUT always moving through thick brush in hot pursuit not unlike me in my younger days. No good shot. The rut here seemed to extend well into into December. Interestingly enough I saw scrapes refreshed on Dec. 19th!

Anyway, my persistence payed off. The next to last day of rifle season I was presented with a 60 yd. quartering away shot with a solid rest to boot. I slipped off the safety of the .270, lined up the crosshairs and.....let him walk. I had him where i wanted him. Just like the big trout I release while fly fishing....great feeling for me !!!!

Man, that is a great account. There is something that enlarges our heart when we let a great animal walk. I like that account.

I agree Mike. I have been very fortunate to have hunted a great deal in North America and taken many species.
Here locally I can hunt every day of the season. Recently just knowing you have achieved your goal of the perfect harvest situation,
not squeezing the trigger can be very satisfying. l
Likely a product of many years in the field. I'm glad you have experienced too Mike.

I tracked a moose over five km and through deep snow one winter. When I finally caught up to the beast, I paused to observe him, cupped my hands and shouted "BOOM!" He was startled and ran. I felt good about that, and the more so since it was several km to camp and growing dark.

I'd forgotten about this thread! Well, with the year nearly gone... My son John and I managed to both take mule deer this season, Okanogan County, Washington. It was a challenging & satisfying father-son hunt. I watched John stalk his buck and drop it with a couple of shots from about 130 - 140 yards. I tagged my buck on the last morning of our hunt, 350 yards with the 30-06 and my first kill from a tripod. Worked out well, very steady.

Rq6sio3l.jpg

RRUA3oFl.jpg

Regards, Guy

And a couple of fine mulies you took. It was a fine hunt. Sounds as if you had several memorable aspects to the hunt.

1903 Turkish Mauser 260 rem chamber throated to 3.1" OAL, 120 gr Nos Bal Tip, 20" barrel, 2849 fps chrono

Attachments

• Turk 260 deer 20211025_164301.jpg
    Turk 260 deer 20211025_164301.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 4
Two deer and a turkey this year. Deer were shot at 255 and 310 yards with my 7mm RM and a 143 hammer. Turkey was my first crossbow kill.
20211104_174914.jpg
20211105_070625.jpg20211002_104452.jpg

It was a great year for you. Congratulations on some successful hunts.

Jim
Congratulations. That's a big buck anywhere.

Regards
Jim

Tagging pheasants reminds me of days of long ago in my natal state of KS. Congratulations to your boy on the bird. How do you like to prepare the birds?

My son loves cooking game. That night I think he broiled them wrapped in bacon, black beans, peppers, wild rice. From field to table in but a few hours...

1642213493824.png

Back