2022 LEOSA Qual Today

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Was back out at the local law enforcement range today. I try to get out there every year to renew my retired-officers qualification status. It allows me to carry concealed in all 50 states. I was using my 1997 vintage Kimber 45 1911.

Also enjoyed getting back out on the range with my old cop buddies! Today's rangemaster is one of the firearms instructors who worked for me for several years. Great guy! He too is approaching retirement.

I haven't been doing much handgun shooting lately and missed the 10-zone once, scoring a 247 out of 250 possible. It was fun, but I'm disappointed that I didn't get that 250, that's what I try for every year.

SQYnBjsh.jpg

niymhmHh.jpg

Regards, Guy

Re the well-used Kimber... A fellow looked at it and commented "Lots of holster wear, probably hasn't been shot much." I grinned and mentioned that my holster doesn't even touch the grip area, and the bare steel was sure showing there, also that the gun has had four sets of grips as I recall, since they keep wearing out...

Because the gun has been shot a fair bit. :) And yes, I know that top tier competitors shoot that much in a year or two... It took me 20 years to get 80,000 rounds through it. Carried it a lot, shot it some as well.

Good ol' gun. I'll keep it until I'm gone, then it belongs to my son. :)

Regards, Guy

Nice shooting Guy.
Your Kimber has character and history.
Very cool 😎

JD338

Back