.224 Berger OTM for hunting?

Whitesheep

Beginner
Jan 6, 2015
What experience does anyone have with using Berger's 77 grain OTM Tactical .224 for hunting small to medium sized game? This bullet is quite accurate in the T/C ProHunter .222 Rem Mag AI I have put together for Javalina hunting, but I am concerned that this tactical load is not appropriate for hunting. Berger doesn't have anything listed as a hunting in .224. I do have a decent (.950 moa) load using a 70 grain Barnes TSX, but the Berger gives somewhat better accuracy (.552 moa).

A search of the web didn't really bring much help with this question and honestly this is the most knowledgeable community I have found on the www so I appreciate any insights members would share.

Thank you,

Whitesheep":52497b3y said:
What experience does anyone have with using Berger's 77 grain OTM Tactical .224 for hunting small to medium sized game? This bullet is quite accurate in the T/C ProHunter .222 Rem Mag AI I have put together for Javalina hunting, but I am concerned that this tactical load is not appropriate for hunting. Berger doesn't have anything listed as a hunting in .224. I do have a decent (.950 moa) load using a 70 grain Barnes TSX, but the Berger gives somewhat better accuracy (.552 moa).

A search of the web didn't really bring much help with this question and honestly this is the most knowledgeable community I have found on the www so I appreciate any insights members would share.

Thank you,

Try running them into water filled jugs at 100 yards. If the can get through 2 jugs I'd be okay with taking ribs shots on deer. Doesn't take much to kill deer if you treat them like archery hunters. Seen quite a few taken with 52 grain Speer HPs and 50 grain BTs.

Back