232 Norma Vulkan 2450 FPS

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Shot this Norma out of my old Husky 9.3x57. I use a pretty modest charge of H4895 and it gets right at 2450 the last time I checked it. Pretty impressive bullet being a simple cup and core. I can see why folks liked it so much.

Found this in the 5th jug. Expansion seems excellent. I'd imagine it would be a beast on bear or deer.

Nice. At modest velocity, many good bullets perform very well. I like the looks of that one!

Guy

Performance appears to be quite good. Eighty percent retained weight? Nothing wrong with that. Good expansion. That old 9.3X57 pushes that bullet along at reasonable velocity. It would be a great woods rifle for quite a variety of game.

Scotty - do you have a photo of an unfired bullet? Just curious about the general shape, amount of lead exposed. That sort of thing.

Guy

Guy Miner":3dfnvfol said:
Scotty - do you have a photo of an unfired bullet? Just curious about the general shape, amount of lead exposed. That sort of thing.

Guy

I don't have one but I will get one Guy. It's sorta flat pointed though with the jacket coming to the top.

It's really a cool little round. Only iron sights on this rifle. The only issue is it probably regulated for a 285/286 at 2100 or so, so all of these rounds hit pretty high at a 100 yards. I'm going to try and sort it out as I'd like to hunt it.

Guy,

look into my own 9.3x62 test ... i posted the vulkan tested and not, that will give an idea of the vulkan ...

That looks like it would be perfect for deer and black bears, great looking bullet.

Wow....... A thing of beauty, if I do say so myself Scotty! Real nice mushroom. Scotty, your desk has extruded powder all over it man! Are you sure you don't need glasses when pouring that into your cases... 'cause it looks as though you're missing a few grains!

longrangehunter":3fdkf0h4 said:
Wow....... A thing of beauty, if I do say so myself Scotty! Real nice mushroom. Scotty, your desk has extruded powder all over it man! Are you sure you don't need glasses when pouring that into your cases... 'cause it looks as though you're missing a few grains!

Ha! Yeah, need to sweep it off. Every once in awhile I get a case where I forget to move my funnel and charge twice. Then I end up with a mess. I figure the extra graphite helps keep the bench lubricated to keep those case holders moving more efficiently. :lol:

I love the little Husky but my problem is the danged rear sight is fixed for elevation. Might need to D&T the rear bridge and put a good peep on it. It’s a ridiculously handy little rifle.

yukonphil":202zuxve said:
Guy,

look into my own 9.3x62 test ... i posted the vulkan tested and not, that will give an idea of the vulkan ...

None of the pics show up for me...just a blue square that says to upgrade for 3rd party hosting.

5shot":1so6ic3r said:
yukonphil":1so6ic3r said:
Guy,

None of the pics show up for me...just a blue square that says to upgrade for 3rd party hosting.
may save you:

photobucket quick and easy fix ...

Really simple - for Firefox:
1. Upper right-hand corner click the three-lines (Open Menu)
2. Select Add-ons
3. On left menu click Extensions
4. Upper right-hand corner enter " photobucket embed "
5. Select the "photobucket embed fix" and click install

Took twice as long to type the instructions as it does to do it!

EDIT: for Chrome, just as easy, go to Manage Extensions, click on Get More Extensions, type in " photobucket embed fix " (Chrome will suggest as you type), select the top one, click to authorize add.

Back