243 / 6mm Accubond Help

MAinAR

Handloader
Feb 26, 2015
I started last July trying to get a supply of 90 AB in .243! It has been a bust went thru long backorder that was supposed to be available in November, didn't happen. Then reordered 500 from both bullets.com and cabela AGAIN. Was ETA ship date of approx Feb 15, 2016.

Just now got word from bullets.com that the backorder has moved to May 31st. and cabelas says 7-8 weeks, have left order standing of course but that not helping any at the moment.

Does anyone out there have a box they would sell so I can complete load development before summer. If have stock in hand and can help please pm me.

Sure wish Nosler would keep us stocked.

Okay okay I have a 100 I suppose I can spare! :? I just looked on-line at Shooter's Pro Shop and blemished 90 gr. Accubonds are $15.95 a box. So how about we just make it $32.00 for two boxes (50 each) and $10.00 for shipping? Does that sound fair?

I am a touch unsure of this transaction as it sounds like they will be loaded and fired in a 243 Winchester! Oh the shame! :oops: :grin:

$42.00 to your door for 100!

David

6mm Remington":1zf8gijz said:
Okay okay I have a 100 I suppose I can spare! :? I just looked on-line at Shooter's Pro Shop and blemished 90 gr. Accubonds are $15.95 a box. So how about we just make it $32.00 for two boxes (50 each) and $10.00 for shipping? Does that sound fair?

I am a touch unsure of this transaction as it sounds like they will be loaded and fired in a 243 Winchester! Oh the shame! :oops: :grin:

$42.00 to your door for 100!

David

Sad to admit yep going in a .243 that really likes them. That is not enough $$ for a 100. Sent you a pm. AND thanks more than you can know!!!

Great guys here to help like this.!! (y)

You could develop a 90 BT load too and use those to practice with. I gotta imagine the 90 BT and AB shoot to similar POI. I've put together a 90 BT load for my 243 that shoots really well. Haven't tried the AB yet, but then it seems they are pretty scarce.

BretN":3tzrhxpj said:
You could develop a 90 BT load too and use those to practice with. I gotta imagine the 90 BT and AB shoot to similar POI. I've put together a 90 BT load for my 243 that shoots really well. Haven't tried the AB yet, but then it seems they are pretty scarce.

Yes I ended up deer hunting the last half of the season with 90 Hunting BT. It performed on game very well overall. I am pleased enough with it to continue using if can't keep AB's in supply!

MAinAR - I got your money order today. Thank you. Your bullets should be there today or tomorrow as they were shipped the same day.

They will get here in next couple days!!! I really appreciate you helping me. A testament to the quality of guys on here!

My load was 44.5gr H4350 at 3250 fps accuracy .45" at 100. Savage predator

Mine is similar to Fotis' - 43.5 gr IMR4360 @ 3200. Shoots .5" at 100 and under 2.5" @ 500

I found it interesting that at 500 yards, that first round punched through 3/8 AR500 steel plate!

Got the bullets tonight. Sure look good and just got done punching 20 down. Thank you for sending them to me!!!

Back