.243 accubond

handwerk

Beginner
Jan 2, 2009
With the .243 being a pretty popular round I've got to wondering why nosler doesn't make a AccuBond bullet for it? maybe 90 grains or so?

handwerk

Give it time, I am certain that a 243 cal AB will be on the horizon.

JD338

honady makes an interbond and an interlock.
swift makes a scirocco.
remington makes a core-lokt.
speer makes a grand slam.

I would say the market supports it.
And it appears the 110g .257 AccuBond is amazingly succesful!

personally, I'll continue to use ballistic tips in my 243 win..... but if my son decided he wanted to take it pig hunting, I'd probably give an AB a try!

what say yee?

I asked for a 243 AccuBond for a couple years and after a couple years, I settled on 85 Barnes TSX for deer/antelope and 85 Sierra Gamekings for coyote and smaller. An AccuBond in 85 grain would sure be a good multi-purpose bullet for the the 243 as is the 110 AccuBond in the 25 caliber. Good luck!

YoteSmoker":3t13jsn0 said:
I asked for a 243 AccuBond for a couple years

Yote,

I pushed Nosler for 3 years to introduce the 338 250 gr AB. I am certain that there will be a 243 cal offering, just don't know when. he AB line has been very successful and slowly Nosler is adding additional offerings. It just takes time.
Keep the faith! :grin:

JD338

(anybody want to see Fotis flip??)

Why an AccuBond, just use a 107 grain SMK.

:lol: :lol: A 105 grain AB, hmmmm. death from afar to coyotes.

JT.

Since most factory rifles use 10 twist barrels except for Remington's 9.25 twist, I feel an 85-90 grain bullet would be best. A 105-107 grain bullet would be better served in an 8 twist, and while I definitely understand the desire for long range, I think a more universal weight bullet would make a lot more sales. A heavier weight introduction would be sure to be a hit with guys with custom barrels and long range rigs, but less profitable for Nosler.

I'm thinking you're quite close to the truth there. I know that a 105 will stabilze more easily with a 243 AI in a 1-9 twist, but normal twist is 9.5 or 10 in a 243 win and that max's out at 100 grains. I guess if somebody built a 6mmWSM that it would be able to stabilize heavier than normal bullets because the velocity increase would bring the RPM of the projectile up to a stable range. That having been said, who really needs an accuracy rifle with a barrel life of 500 rounds. Just broke in and load workup done and you're suddeny unable to hit a field goal sized target @ 75 yds.

JT.

Back