.243 Accubond

critterskinner

Beginner
Sep 21, 2009
I am looking for load data for my daughter's .243 using 90 grain Accubonds. Does any one have a good load combo? I am having a hard time finding data.

You should be able to use the 90gr BT data. Start with the start charge and work up. My Nosler #5 shows the data as "85-90gr" and covers the 85gr Partition and the 90gr BT. If you need any specifics, PM me and I'll get you what's in Nosler #5. You can go to nosler.com and under resources, find some data, as well.

I have a bag sitting on my shelf as well.

I'm going to give H4350 a pretty heavy work out with it.

I have a bunch of them, but I stumbled on a load with 80gr. TTSXs that shoots better than my ability to hold!

I have a Savage 11FNS, non Accu-trigger, that just loves RL-19 and 90gr Ballistic Tips.

Kurt, it sounds like we have .243's with similar attitudes!

It's funny, I couldn't get either of the Remington factory loads I shot (100gr CoreLokt and some sort of 80gr SP, I'm too lazy to look) into much better than 2", then I tried a work up on the TTSXs and it shot a group so good it scared me, particularly since it only has a 6x Leupy on it.

H4350 Gave me 3220 fps and under 1/2" MOA

2012-09-20093102_zps3d5acfa2.jpg

That is the one I am going to try pretty soon Fotis. Probably try RL19 first, but that is what I am looking for. Should be a coyote smoker too..

I always used 44.0 grains of IMR 4350 for 90 grain AB or BT's in the .243 Win. W-W brass, CCI 200 primer, seated to whatever is accurate in your rifle.

BK":trlpql6y said:
It's funny, I couldn't get either of the Remington factory loads I shot (100gr CoreLokt and some sort of 80gr SP, I'm too lazy to look) into much better than 2", then I tried a work up on the TTSXs and it shot a group so good it scared me, particularly since it only has a 6x Leupy on it.

I hear ya there. I tried to force-feed that rifle every 100gr offering imaginable. Regardless of powder or charge weight, it just wouldn't shoot them any smaller than patterns. As soon as I switched to the 90gr NBT and 90gr Speer Hot-Cor, I was in business. RL19 was the most consistent while 4350 was the fastest. That cheap Savage made my friend's $2500 custom 6mmBR look like a question mark! :shock:

Oldtrader3":q50eautj said:
I always used 44.0 grains of IMR 4350 for 90 grain AB or BT's in the .243 Win. W-W brass, CCI 200 primer, seated to whatever is accurate in your rifle.

Reloaded some with 42 grains of IMR 4350 with Nosler brass and CCI 200 primers. Waiting for the wind to die down so I can try them.

Back