243win and Mr. Coyote ?

brianwyo

Beginner
Oct 4, 2010
I have a ruger in a 243 that shoots 95 ballistic tips very well. I want to set it up for coyote. My thoughts are a lighter bullet that bucks the Wyoming wind. Any suggestions.

In the last several years I have had a couple Ruger .243's. I never did get them to shoot anything as well as they would shoot 95gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips. The next best thing I found was 70gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips.

Larry

brianwyo

Your current load with the 95 gr BT is just fine for coyotes and will do a better job of bucking the wind than a lighter bullet will do.

If you want to go with a lighter bullet, try the 70 gr BT with 39.0-39.5 grs IMR 4895. This load shoots well under MOA in several different 243 Win rifles.

JD338

I agree with JD Brian.

I used the 95 gr BT but with IMR 7828 for well over 3100 fps velocity.

I have seen what a 95 gr bt does to a 100 pound antelope. I can only imagine what it will do to a 30 pound coyote. I just saw Pops picture of 416 vs. antelope. That was a huge exit hole!! :lol: Unbeliveable!

I shoot the 55 BT and am thinking about switching to a bigger bullet that bucks the wind better, and a better whack at longer ranges.

I am going to order a couple boxes of nosler 70 gr ballistic tips and work on a load. Thanks guys

Brian

Back