25-06 85gr bt load for Ruger M77?

John Eldridge

Beginner
Dec 12, 2004
I'm fixing to load up 85 gr bt in 25-06 and was wondering how close the nosler charts are? Does any body have the load worked up? I'm useing a Ruger M77, with saftey on the tange, blued bolt, an a semi-bull barrel
My past loads with 243 in Ruger M77 MKII that ruger are really close from rifle to rifle in the Ruger line. So if anyone could help thank you an merry x-mas

What powder are you wanting to use? Or are you looking for a "Best All Round" load

reloader 19 ,i'm looking for a accuracy load for long range varmit hunting
high velocity is a must with accuracy, i really need good starting point .
this is my first time working up a load for nosler bullets,but after seeing b.c. of bt verse the 75 gr serria varmiter i want to load some up an see how they perform in my rifle

I had excellent results with AA4350 powder. All loads were under MOA in my H/B Savage.

thanks pop do you have a max load so i don't exceed max pressure when i load them up. i'm looking for 500 to 1000 yard load. i don't have a nosler book yet. so i'm kind of blind on there load data. thanks for the help!

John Eldridge":kqavh4rt said:
i'm looking for 500 to 1000 yard load.

For a long range load I would look at a heavier bullet with a hight BC than the 85 Grain bullet. The 85 grain bullet will be greatly affected by wind at longer ranges. It works wonders within 400 yards, but not at longer ranges. Unfortunately the 25-06 does not have a great bullet selection for long range. To make a high BC bullet it would likely be 120 - 130 grains and would require a different twist than most offerings.

I am thinking the 110 AccuBond may be a great all around choice for most rifles and longer ranges like this. I am working up loads starting at 51.5 gr of RL-22 and H4831 to see what I can get the 110 AccuBond to do.

Good luck.

Back