.25-06 do it all?

c. schutte":1vjs35ef said:
The last 15 years have been tremendous for bullet advancement. Calibers like the 25-06 with sleek bonded bullets can "better" withstand the impact of close range shots while still being able to open well at the other end of the spectrum. Much easier to do "one bullet for all" scenarios.

I fully believe that!
I wouldn't hesitate to use an AccuBond in a .25-06 now. Or an e-tip!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

I saw a buck a buddy shot with a 257 Weatherby hit with a 110 AccuBond at 80yds. I helped develop his loads and the bullet was leaving the muzzle at 3400fps. That bullet hit a rib going in and exited through the far shoulder and seemed to remain intact. It made me even more of an AccuBond fan than I already was.

Guy I have never owned a 25-06 but when I took my Son Antelope hunting I told him if he bagged one over 15 inches I would buy him a Rifle of his own. Well he did and I bought him a 25-06 Remington CDL and I believe it will serve him well as he has bagged some Antelope with it.
Now if he gets done with school we will have to get him out Mule Deer Hunting.

Back in 1983 I had a Browning B-78 in 25-06 with the octagon barrel. I shot the old Nosler lead tip 120 grain Solid Base bullets with imr 4350. I was able to kill a couple of moose, deer, antelope, bear and countless coyote and fox. Rifle shot very well minimal recoil great cartridge for sure.

You know your rifle and your limitations with it. Confidence is a huge factor, and it came about through experience. Have fun with your 25-06.

And it always fun to have other rifles in your battery to choose from, depending on the game hunted and its environment. Glad you had fun with the 30-30 and the black bear stalk.

I think you need to have a 7mm Whelen Improved. ( read .280 Somebody had to say it right?)

Then you'll be good to go for everything.

Seriously though, I know your field marksmanship skills put most to shame. With a solid bullet, you're probably fine with your .25. I just like a tad more lead and SD for heavier critters. If I hunted a lot in long range country, a 6.5-06 might be in my arsenal.

Back