25-06 load suggestions

POP

That is in my 25.06 max load of RL 17 and 100 gr BT bumping 3500 others have said they did it with retumbo but the accuracy I get from 17 is simply amazing and with the 26" pipe on that rifle you are gunna sell me you should get 3500 easy

I agree with Songdog on the 100 BT's. I have not shot anything but paper with them, but was shooting inch groups at 200 yards with the load I decided on. that is as good as I can do with most of my heavy barrel varmint rifles.

imr 4831 ...remington brasss...cci mag primer...nosler 100 grain ballistic tip...3.242 ish....

some books have said that you can go up to 56 grains for 3425 ...I stopped at 55.8 which was just a shade over 3400..

shoots half moa out to 400 and will smoke deer....that said the bullets start to come apart under 100 yards.

79inpa":2hak1vw0 said:
imr 4831 ...remington brasss...cci mag primer...nosler 100 grain ballistic tip...3.242 ish....

some books have said that you can go up to 56 grains for 3425 ...I stopped at 55.8 which was just a shade over 3400..

shoots half moa out to 400 and will smoke deer....that said the bullets start to come apart under 100 yards.

As you can see in the pic's above the 100 grain bt didn't come apart,and the deer was only about 40 yards from my dad when he shot it.The load Remington brass -51 grains of IMR 4350--CCI BR Large Rifle primer,and 100 grain Nosler BT.

your right about them not coming apart in that particular instance, however I was talking about the ones that I was shooting.

I would guess that your shooting yours about 3100-3200 fps while I was running mine about 3400 fps. I am also running a box of bullets that were made the first year that they made the ballistic tip in 100 grain. Can anyone tell me if the first year of the ballistic tip had a thinner jacket than the new ones?

nitis":1k3ijjm1 said:
POP

That is in my 25.06 max load of RL 17 and 100 gr BT bumping 3500 others have said they did it with retumbo but the accuracy I get from 17 is simply amazing and with the 26" pipe on that rifle you are gunna sell me you should get 3500 easy

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nitis":z0xoruln said:
POP

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

your load exactly is..........

So far, I've tested the 110 AccuBond and 100 TTSX bullets in my 2506, trying IMR4350, RL22, and H4831SC. My rifle likes the 100 TTSX the best coming in with 3/4" group on initial load testing with 55.0 RL-22. I'm headed to the range this morning to see if I can shrink it up a bit more by shooting groups with different seating depths. Wish me luck!

The .25-06 is my favorite cartridge, it is truely a dual purpose cartridge. For varmint hunting I like the 85 to 87 gr bullets. This is one spectacular varmint cartridge at almost any distance that you can see a small target. The trajectory of this cartridge is very flat.

For all around use the 100 gr bullets are probably the best and I've shot a lot of them. I don't like using them for varmint hunting as I like a bullet that disintegrates when it hits.

Want to shoot bigger game, then look no further then the 115 to 120 gr bullets. Heck, my rifle even went bear hunting with me.

I've used all makes of bullets and my rifle has never shown a preference towards any of them, all shot well.

I have other rifles and other cartridges but the first rifle I reach for is my Rem 700 .25-06.

This cartridge is at its best at near max charges, cut back and velocity drops to Roberts levels. I've also noticed the accuracy is better at the hotter charges which I've always felt was a big plus.

Well it's been a while and I've still not gotten to work on this thing but I have decided on the components. I'm going to set up for whitetail deer with a 100 grain Partition and RL-19 powder. I need the charge numbers for Reloader 19 and the 100 grain bullet from the new book however. My book is one of the older versions and doesnt even list RL-19 for the 100 gr. Seems like max load was getting 3400ish speeds.

Alliant website shows a max charge at 57gr. I'd start at 52 and work up.

Back