25-06 Load'n

Dr. Mike i do hunt got a nice 8 pointer at 242 yards with this rifle. I was using 110 accubonds and retumbo. I was running low on the accubonds so i was just trying reloader 26 and the 115 grain ballistic tips. i will be using it this coming weekend for sure.

SJB358":2vwv4cl5 said:
I’m doing real well with 100 grain Swift Scirocco’s and 58 grains of RL26. That load has shot a few tiny groups and it’s up front for deer hunting this year. Very nice cartridge. Hasn’t ever shot poorly with any bullet.

I would love to hear how those scirocco's perform on deer. I've read great reviews on that bullet.

I've always had great results with rl22 but just recently bought a can of rl25 to try out with the 120gr bullet but am now curious about the rl26. Anyone tried the rl26 with a 120gr bullet?

Guybo":2iyqp85z said:
SJB358":2iyqp85z said:
I’m doing real well with 100 grain Swift Scirocco’s and 58 grains of RL26. That load has shot a few tiny groups and it’s up front for deer hunting this year. Very nice cartridge. Hasn’t ever shot poorly with any bullet.

I would love to hear how those scirocco's perform on deer. I've read great reviews on that bullet.

I've always had great results with rl22 but just recently bought a can of rl25 to try out with the 120gr bullet but am now curious about the rl26. Anyone tried the rl26 with a 120gr bullet?

I haven’t yet, but I may give them a shot just to see what they do. 26 works excellent with 100’s so I can’t see it being any less awesome with the 115-120’s. Cajuns numbers are pretty serious on those 115 Ballistic Tips.

Guybo, I did play with reloader 26 and the hornady 117sst. I shot them looking for pressure signs and velocity. I went up to 60 grains with 3404 fps. No pressure signs were showing up. I measured the case for expansion and no expansion was experienced. I stopped at 60 grains. I backed off on the 115 ballistic tips because that is where my accuracy showed up. I also use reloader 26 in my 300 weatherby accumark and it’s very accurate, 0.23 100 yard group and pushing a 168 grain TTSX at 3430 fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a couple guys who deer hunt with got 25-06, good round! Wouldn’t mind having one in my safe someday.

RiverRider":3azj0rwi said:
. do it the old fashioned way: get closer as if you have some hunting skill.

(y) spot on, the way a hunter does it. Field craft and bringing home the venison is what hunting is about.
I’ve accounted for hundreds of red deer stags & hinds, fox & feral goat over the years with my .25-06. An excellent cartridge that’s versatile and performs well with a range of bullets.

Back