.25-06 or .257 Wby?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Nosler - what do you think about making your rifle available in one of the hotter .25's? Say The .25-06 or the .257 Weatherby...

A fast quarter bore would be most attractive to me. I'd have to look carefully, especially if offered in the Legacy.

DrMike":2q22etyh said:
A fast quarter bore would be most attractive to me. I'd have to look carefully, especially if offered in the Legacy.

Same here Mike. A 25-06, 25-06AI or 257WBY would be pretty awesome in a Legacy. Scotty

I think it's a great idea! 2012 products should be out before too long...stand by gentlemen!

Does that mean there's a chance for the 6mm Remington! :mrgreen: .. Oh wait, this was quarter bore stuff. Come on guys they have the 257 Roberts already. :cry: ... Oops, I guess they have that bastard child the 243 Winchester already chambered don't they! Darn it anyway!
David

A quarter bore offering would be great. I would really like to see a 257 Wby.

JD338

Between the .25-06 and the .257 Wby - I'd choose the .257 Wby hands down! Chambered to be safe with Weatherby factory ammo, and accurate too. Love the .25-06, but the .257 is even better, with no real drawbacks for a handloader.

I'd be pretty enthusiastic about that - might even be able to get me to sell my .25-06 to fund a .257 Wby/Nosler rifle...

Guy

Weatherby's Range Certified Vanguard is about as close as you can get to the sure-thing accurate rifle at under $1000 that has the same upgrades as a custom model. The Series 2 Vanguards are all sub-MOA guaranteed, although that may not be the case with all premium or Weatherby ammunition. However, the RC Vanguards all come with factory-shot targets showing their sub-MOA results. The options on the RC are the chambering only, 'cause they're all black matte finished metal on a green Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with black spider webbing surfacing.

Plan B (for a 25-06 Rem or 257 Wby) is get the regular S2 Vanguard and buy the B&C stock yourself and save yourself about $300. That is what I did. When I got the rifle and stock I didn't know the RC Vanguard was "in the works" and about a week after I put the whole thing together I saw the RC Vanguards. Damn! I love saving $$$. I got the desert tan stock with black webbing surfacing, something you're not going to see on the factory RC Vanguards. So I don't have a 3-shot target signed by Ed Weatherby, but I still have a letter signed by him.

The Best Part: the S2 Vanguard really is a sub-MOA rifle. Every load I've worked up with premim bullets has been under 1". It likes the 120gn Hornady hollow points just as well as the 120gn Partitions.

Nosler offers the M48 in 25-06.
FWIW, I now have 25-06 dies. :wink:

JD338

Is this superfluous information, Jim? Or are you giving us a heads up on what may be coming to your house?

JD338":1aioz0dk said:
Nosler offers the M48 in 25-06.
FWIW, I now have 25-06 dies. :wink:

JD338

Nice. I happen to have a set of 25-06 dies as well. Actually, I am really looking forward to doing some loading for it.

I am pretty stoked to see what you end up with Jim.

DrMike":1jznaq3y said:
Is this superfluous information, Jim? Or are you giving us a heads up on what may be coming to your house?

Mike,

I think there is going to be a M48 25-06 in the safe next year.

JD338

JD338":2r1gurd3 said:
DrMike":2r1gurd3 said:

Mike,

I think there is going to be a M48 25-06 in the safe next year.

JD338

That'll be pretty cool Jim! A 25-06 and 35 Whelen.. Pretty cool pair right there.

Back