.25-06Rem K95 Accuracy

ElmerThud

Handloader
Jul 16, 2011
(y) Loving Vihtavuori N560 propellant in my rifle. Excellent consistent results @ 100yds testing last year.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 725
Indeed, you are blessed with a fine rifle and a load to match. Excellent and gratifying results.

That should get the job done. I am a long time 25-06 shooter. One of the most deadly drop them in their tracks calibers with most any suitable bullet load combo that I have ever used. I have killed a few hundred deer with 25-06s, I did crop damage control, and can not remember one that went much over 50 yards after the shot and that was from bad shot angles. I can remember a few deer that were shot while walking and at about the same time the gun went off the deer turned and caused a bad shot angle usually into the gut ranging forward through the chest.

Yup, great round for the red deer I shoot in Scotland...I only ever had one stag that ran during the rut in 18 years with this rifle...it was found months later at the far side of the trees..lung shot from what we could tell in the remains, not that much was left by then.
I’d used a Sierra Prohunter 100gn Bullet rather than my usual 110gn AccuBond.

But I am impressed with the VV N560 propellant. I switched to it last year when IMR4831 became unavailable in the UK due to EU REACH compliant restrictions on imports of many US propellants.

The .25-06 is typically a very accurate cartridge. I have never seen one that wouldn’t shoot with proper loads.

I have a Remington 700 that will do this with its favorite loads. An excellent deer and antelope cartridge, I have killed a pile of coyotes and a couple elk with mine was well.

I would take a .257 Roberts or .25-06 over anything .24 bore any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6mm Remington":19lodkl9 said:
Nice job. What's the velocity with the 110 gr. AccuBond. I couldn't tell if on the 3rd target if the bullet was the AccuBond or not. I bet that will be a fantastic performer.

All are 110gn Accobond (y)
At 50.5gns MV is around 3060fps @ 51.2gns MV rises To approx 3120fps +/-
more of a jump than I expected for that small change in charge.

Thanks for posting these results.

I'm about to start working up some 25-06 loads for my best friend's rifle. Am starting with 120gr Partitions and IMR4350 (because Retumbo is apparently a unicorn these days). Will see how that goes, and if I don't like the results will look at the 110 Accubonds and Vihtavuori N560 based on your posts here.

filmjunkie4ever":h6qakth8 said:
The .25-06 is typically a very accurate cartridge. I have never seen one that wouldn’t shoot with proper loads.

I have a Remington 700 that will do this with its favorite loads. An excellent deer and antelope cartridge, I have killed a pile of coyotes and a couple elk with mine was well.

I would take a .257 Roberts or .25-06 over anything .24 bore any day!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice photo (y)

I am trying to post a picture of the only target from my 25-06 I have. I don't know why it post sideways but you can turn your screen. LOL
As is says this was at 300 yards. I had a up to 10 mph variable wind and tried to wait out any gust but one got me slightly with the shot out to the left. As the target says two shots were with IMR 4350 and two were with AA 4350 with the same load. This is the day that I found that both powders shoot the same in my rifle with the same load. The cross hairs in my scope also are for hunting and not for target work. The action for this rife came from the old Rem. Sportman 78 which was just a poor mans 700 Rem.
32A916BD-A8C7-47E1-A9F4-AC8418F5215D.jpeg

Hmm. Always interested in these 25-06 threads. :grin:

I see some mighty good looking targets posted.

I've got some E-Tips, some Accubonds, some Partitions... And I keep using the 115 Blue Cyclones...

tXu4Weuh.jpg

Gosh - I may have to load some more 115's today. Just for the heck of it!

Guy

Dang great shooting ET! Man, I need to break my 25-06 out and get into the game!

Back