.257" 110 grain Accubonds

Hired Gun

Beginner
Sep 29, 2004
If I were to drop by in person would it be possible to pick up a couple hundred of these. If we could get some we could try them out on elk here next week. They would be going into a couple 257 Weatherbys and launched at 3700+ feet per second. The shots will be from 200-300 yards.
Thanks

Perfect example of why the initial offerings were "heavy for caliber" :(

Agreed the 257 is a very light for elk caliber but given very controlled conditions and exact bullet placement it should go pretty easy. We're talking landowner preference tags on private property. Depending on when we actually get the bullets whether it will happen this year or not. If the right shot doesn't present itself it won't happen. The 300 Weatherby with Partitions is the main tool on this ranch. If it does happen you will read about it here first.

Will these accubonds hold up to the velocities of the .257WBY? ??? Or were they built around the .257 bob and the 25-06? I hope you built them for the .257 Weatherby in mind. :idea: 8)

Will these accubonds hold up to the velocities of the .257WBY? ??? Or were they built around the .257 bob and the 25-06? I hope you built them for the .257 Weatherby in mind. :idea: 8)

I too am hoping the were built with the 257 Roy in mind. Mine has become my coyote rifle as of late as I do most of my deer/elk hunting with a .300 Winnie. Love the 200 grain AccuBond in that gun. :p

Tough to say, we never recovered a bullet :)

We shot one deer after the kill down the spine and recovered a beautiful looking bullet about 16" down the spine.

Back