26nosler m48 liberty/patriot

Holy crap!!!! I would have never guessed it was PRW's that were cracked! Dang, that is some sorta bad. Glad you got it sorted out.

Wow! That'll do it though.

Glad you got it sorted. I had an issue with Talley Lightweights once. Pretty much use Warne Maximas on everything now.

Looks like somebody needs a new torque driver? That looks like a gorilla tightened it down, OMG.
Glad you found your problem.....
Hodgeman your onto it with those Warnes. That is one solid set up!

Great to hear. Just had the feeling you knew something else was going on. Hope that M48 is throwing groups now!
EE2

Torque wrench is like brand new i tightened them down to 20 but the store was doing25in/lbs so that was prob the start of my problem

YIKES- who would have ever thought (well you or some one did....). This is one of the benefits to starting w/the best equiptment you can afford. You have reasonable confidence in most of the parts or recourse if their is an issue. Helps narrow down the variables when you can send the scope and the rifle back. Even if you don't have to... Glad you worked it out without further grief. CL

derek":yrqqb00r said:
Torque wrench is like brand new i tightened them down to 20 but the store was doing25in/lbs so that was prob the start of my problem

Even 25 inch pounds shouldn't have done that. I would bet it was just a bad ring. Before the Torque Wrench I know I had a bunch of Marine tightened stuff and never had a problem. I broke a couple of Talley LW's and Leupold DD's after having the TQ wrench.

That sorta stuff could drive a guy crazy.

Glad you figured it out. After all that frustration and expense, I would be on the phone with the ring company wanting a free set of rings at the very least. How is the Nosler shooting now? We like gun and target pics around here.

I will get a gun and target pic next week once inreally dial it in and indid call leaupold and they are sending me replacemnt parts at no cost.

derek":2077a44q said:
I will get a gun and target pic next week once inreally dial it in and indid call leaupold and they are sending me replacemnt parts at no cost.

They are an honourable firm that will treat their customers right. (y)

Ok question went to the range new scope sighted rifke in with factory ammo shoot good. Shot reloads shot well .716 at 100 yrds not great but ok. Went to the range again shot them same reloads didnt shoot good. The first time had the scope zoomed at 8 power today i soomed it to 25 thinking to tighten up groups more and shot worse me being zoomed in further will that affect my shot placement and that point sight picture was clear and everything.

derek":201m6hnn said:
Ok question went to the range new scope sighted rifke in with factory ammo shoot good. Shot reloads shot well .716 at 100 yrds not great but ok. Went to the range again shot them same reloads didnt shoot good. The first time had the scope zoomed at 8 power today i soomed it to 25 thinking to tighten up groups more and shot worse me being zoomed in further will that affect my shot placement and that point sight picture was clear and everything.

How was the parallax set? Heat, mirage, etc... lots of little stuff make a difference.

Parallax was set at 100 yards did the head move crosshairs didbt move that i could tell focus was good nice bright and clear

Well finally got this thing fugured out now to decide on which load prob goiing with the 79 gr 50bmg over the 84 grn US869

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 514
Back