270 win and 150 ABLR!!

Sas874runner

Handloader
Oct 10, 2012
And the fun begins! :-D can't wait. A bunch of slow burning powders to try and never enough hours in the day!

Attachments

• 20130712_105534.jpg
    20130712_105534.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,137
I'm quite sure you'll have plenty of people watching to see how matters work out as you work up your loads. It should be instructive.

I've got some showing up today...thinking re25 and mr4000 are gonna be my start powders. Also recently got a batch of 150 speer deep curls to try also. As usual the deepcurls are. 001" oversized checking in at. 278". Re17 could be a winner to!

Its always fun. I was fortunate with my previous load for the 140 using ramshot magnum. That may be my starting powder. But also have rl25&22 , 7828 ssc and 4831. My previous load was just shy of 3000 fps until I went to a mag primer. That pushed me to almost 3100. So I think I'm gonna start with mag primers this time. The joys of reloading in anticipation of hunting season!!

My ABLRs came in as well now I have to find some time to get into the man cave & see what these are capable of :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

You guys are dragging the chain!!!

Sorry, but as I suspect we won't see these bullets down here for quite some time yet, the anticipation is getting to me!

My only fear with these bullets is that with present production demands, initial quality could suffer. And if accuracy isn't good to start off, it could kill the line off fast.

I suppose we can have faith in the people at Nosler to uphold the standard.

Hopefully not. But our sportsmans warehouse has them in stock on the shelf. So I'm guessing things are turning around and the fear buying is coming to an end. That would make for a good thing.

That's a good sign. Supplies haven't dried up here yet but no doubt if things stay crazy over there they will.

Interested in the ABLR for hunting myself, can you shoot past 600 in your area? I would love to see if the claimed .bc, bullet impact, and a ballistic programs firing solution are on the same page. keep us posted please.

Yes absolutely. I have brass on the way for load development. Once the load is developed then shooting at range will happen. Hopefully before elk season.

Picked up a box today was going to get two but at $50+ a box I thought I'd see if my EW likes them first. Have some RL22, H1000, I/H4831, and some other slow burners to try.

Yep SW had two boxes on the shelf, was there looking for a good pistol powder but nothing was to be had.

What pistol powders. Shooting den in the springs has the only powder selection in the springs! My go to place. A little pricier but always has stuff.

Sas874runner":7vrn4gn8 said:
What pistol powders. Shooting den in the springs has the only powder selection in the springs! My go to place. A little pricier but always has stuff.

I miss the old "Shootin Den", I used to live within walking distance of the store. Hardly bought anything but reloading components from them but they always did have a nice selection of guns to look at and handle. Cal did more than a few repairs on my guns over the years.

I was over at Memorial Hospital as my dad was getting rotator cuff surgery. I stopped by SW on my way home, wasn't really needing anything but looked anyway. They had plenty of powder for magnum handguns and rifles and they even had a little MR2000 but I have plenty of small rifle powder. Most of their pistol powder was more suited for .44 Mag or larger and I'm only reloading for a .38/.357 and 9mm for my wife and I have two pounds of suitable powder and 2K small pistol primers and that will take her some time to shoot up. I actually need bullets worse than anything else only have 300 158 gr Hornady .358 and 1K 115 gr Berry's plated 9mm.

I tell you what laura now runs SD but she has brought a lot of things new into the store. They sell a cast lead bullet there that ismade by a company from here in the springs. They are colorado cast bullets. I have started to load them in all my handguns. 9, 40, 45. These are by far the best lead bullets I have ever seen. Loaded in my 40 I decided to test how hard they are. Loaded with blue dot my loads chonyd at 1300 fps and I had no lead fouling what so ever. They are accurate and cheap. Depending on the weight and bullet anywhere from 50-65 bucks for 500. They also even offer an all lead hollow point. They carry so many calibers you can go any day of the week and buy them.

I stopped in today. They had wst, american select, imr PB, wsf, 800x hi shok, blue dot

So pretty that you don't even wanna shoot them! Just kidding! Cant wait to throw these downrange! :twisted: 20130726_212358.jpg

Attachments

• 20130726_071509.jpg
    20130726_071509.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 715
Back