270Wby loads that work

G

I'm looking to work up some lighter bullets for my 270Wby, something in the 130gr class. I have tried IMR7828ssc with mixed results, so I am looking at trying some other powders. Anybody have success with H4831 or H4350, or with MagPro? What else have you used that worked well? Also, if you don't mind, let me know what your start charges and max charges are, so I can start low and work up on my own. Thanks in advance. Oh, and please tell me which bullets you were using, not just weight.

dubyam

Take a look at RL22 and RL25.

JD338

I use a German 270 Weatherby Mag, IMR 4350, CCI Mag. Primers, Nosler 130 gr. BT. Accuracy is super, velocity out of a 24" barrel is 3170 fps. I have used it on Groundhogs, Whitetail Deer is deadly. You need a good reloading manual, my load might not work in your rifle pressure wise. With a quality target scope, Burris rings with inserts you can reach out there if the need is there. Good luck on your search, just be carefull working a load up.

Transonic

Depending on your rifle's throat you could work from 65-69 grains. I load mine to about 3250fps.

Picture005.jpg
[/img]

Back