28 nosler long range rifle bullet choice

hunting26

Beginner
Mar 21, 2017
Just picked up one of noslers longrang rifles in a 28 nosler and was looking for a good bullet that will fit in the mag with out having to jump them alot.

Welcome to the forum; glad to have you with us. What are you hoping to hunt with your 28? With the velocities you'll generate, if you're planning on hunting, you could do a lot worse than launch a 175 grain Partition. The AccuBond and E-Tip both appear to give you better accuracy with a significant jump to the lands. However, each performs exceptionally well on game. If you're planning on target shooting, you have other options that will not demand jump.

Several of us have tried various bullets in 7 mags (of various size) and I think anything from the 150 Scirocco II, 150 E Tip, 154 Hornady IB, 160 AccuBond, 160 Partition, 175 Partition, etc would be great choices. Hard to go wrong with any of them. Probably also good with the 175 ABLR and other bullets.

As for no jump that’s really going to narrow your choice. ABs, Interbonds, E Tips, and other bonded or solid construction bullets seem to like a bit of jump. My last try with ABs I started them 0.075 off the lands right away.

If I were picking a 7 mm Mag bullet to start playing with I would pick the 160 AccuBond loaded 0.075 off the lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 28Nosler begs for the heavies. I shoot the 175gr ABLR at 3150. I think you'll find that the Nosler rifles have a significant leade. I would stay with a mono or bonded bullet for hunting. The speeds that the 28Nosler can generate will blow apart many cup and core bullets. I tested the 195gr Berger on water jugs at close range and they basically blew up. The ABLR held together and retained almost 60% even hitting the jugs at 3200fps.

Thanks for all the info I think i am going to try some 175 ablr and some retumbo or h1000

160 ab at 3250 to 3300 fps. And welcome to the forum

I love the 160 AB and 175 Partition in my 7mm Mashburn. Might try some 175 ABLRs in the future. Running the 154 Interbond this fall. PLENTY of great 7mm Bullets that’ll work well with that big jugged sucker.

Back