2nd time shooting 350 yards today with the 6.5 CM.

Yes that nose is very long and skinny. I noticed my comparator didn't actually make contact until almost the cannelure. Thought my my box was gone be long enough, but it maxes out at about 2.835-2.840". I believe I would have to have an aics mag to get to 2.9"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never gotten as good accuracy out of SST as other bullets. However I wouldn't be scared to jump them based on max mag length or to the cannelure, and just focus on finding the right powder combo.

drakehammer":3jog78bn said:
I have never gotten as good accuracy out of SST as other bullets. However I wouldn't be scared to jump them based on max mag length or to the cannelure, and just focus on finding the right powder combo.

I've only tried them with RL16 so far. I may try them with something else latter on. I've had great luck so far with RL16 and a couple bullets, but it and the SST just may not be meant for each other.

Cleveland48":19g67nl8 said:
drakehammer":19g67nl8 said:

I've only tried them with RL16 so far. I may try them with something else latter on. I've had great luck so far with RL16 and a couple bullets, but it and the SST just may not be meant for each other.

Yeah I'm no real fan of Hornady so I'd let that one RIP. LOL.

Well I do like the old interlocks, they have been real killers for me in the past. But that's the only one I really like. The SST's and the ELD-X have bee so so for me.

Something to be said for old-school bullets. I love my Sierra and Speer bullets. They just work and are almost never hard to tune for accuracy. Where would we be without this new fancy stuff?

Exactly! I love the Gameking and the Hot Cor, and Interlock. Never captured any in a deer either. Always an exit and nice expansion. Just about always shoot good too, oh and usually are able to fit in the mag lol.

Back