30-06 150gr FMJ for wild boars

Guys I am truly sorry to have to report that it may be awhile before I can go hunting again. I will know more after this coming weekend. After the test results come in. Yall wish me LUCK!

I believe I have finally found a woman who really cares about me, and I think that SHE is the one 4 me!! :grin: Yall wish me luck! TY!

Good luck!
Take her with you when you try some E-Tips. :wink:

JD338

Good news guys, :grin: SHE has AGREED to go hunting with me! :grin: Her only condition was that SHE gets to carry HER own gun. LOL! LIL' MISS INDEPENDANT! :) Guess we'll find out how good she is with HER .243. I'll be backing HER up with the 06'. Hope to have a GREAT weekend it is FINALLY raining here in EAST Texas. It is so dry the catfish are spitting out dust. LOL!

Well there is a bonus...

I don't bring guns or any gun related materials into the house... or even into the yard. I own the property next door and that is as close as they get because my gf won't stand for it.

Cheers

MattC,

You sound like a mighty tolerant fellow. I commend you for your willingness to work with your gf.

Mike,

It is a matter of compromise more than tolerance. We have a lot in common, just not the guns. I started shooting again about 6 years after we met knowing full well that she was not keen on them... and I do live in her house.

HST, she doesnt mind the $2000+ pa saving on lean beef (wild unbranded cattle or buffalo) for her fur kids plus the meat packs and jerky/biltong that she gives away to friends...

It would be nice to be able to get her out there with me if for no other reason than safety when doing a bush killer, but unfortunately she doesn't want to know about it.

Cheers

Matt,

There are a lot of women who think that the meat fairy brings meat wrapped in plain paper to be deposited in their freezer. My wife does not want me to bring home pelts and/or heads, and I respect that. She is good enough to not only eat what I bring home, but to learn to cook it properly. Hence, I really can't complain.

Mike,

I know what you mean about meat fairies. I have met cattle station cooks like that. Go figure... :?
Crazy thing is that my GF was one of the very few woman that ever worked in the slaughter room of the local meat works before it closed. When it comes to slaughtering and butchering the primary cuts she knows what she is doing, better than I do I might add. Her objection is to the firearms.

Cheers

Mike,

FWIW, I can understand your wifes (probable) POV regarding [edit] heads. I have only ever shot for meat or pest control and never for trophies. To me the whole idea of hanging the head of an animal on a wall is somewhat grotesque. In that regard I might be the odd one out in these forums...

Cheers

Matt,

Heads are not important to me, it was just her thing and I respect it. I do, however, wish I could have kept a grizzly hide. That was a trophy worth keeping. However, I gave it away. Likewise, I give away all my black bear hides. There are always people wanting them. The meat, however, is quite tasty. Our freezer is always full, and the season will open again shortly for moose and elk and bear, so I'll be certain to replenish the larder.

Looks like there are a few of us then that have to compromise with our spouses. :)

Cheers

Back