30-06 & 168 E-Tips

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
AKAmYK1l.jpg

Just starting a new handloading project. I've never tried the E-Tips before but was impressed with the straight-line penetration of the Barnes TSX's I used years ago. Have also heard excellent reports of the penetration of the E-Tip bullets.

The rest of the load is just normal for me. H4350 powder, Federal brass, CCI large rifle primers. Nothing new there. Just an interesting bullet.

Guy

They may just convert you, Guy. I've sure had good success with E-Tips in other cartridges. Interesting that you're working with that particular load. My agenda for loading includes working up a load with the 168 grain E-Tip in my 30-06. Truthfully, I would imagine that the 150 grain might just work as well for the purposes I have in mind.

That is a good looking bullet and pretty long as well, will be interesting to see what you end up with in the end.

I’m kinda thinking a 150 Etip or TTSX is next up in my 30-06. I’ll be watching this one.

I've been thinking the same bullet to replace my hand loaded 180 gr core-lokts. Just haven't been able to find the e-tips

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't shot new E-Tip with groove if that's what it's called. I've never had problem with old E-Tips I used.

I haven't shot new E-Tip with groove if that's what it's called. I've hunted with old with no problems.

Back