30-30 170gr Deep Curl

You can't load those in a tubular mag I thought? Or is it a round tip.

Corey

See I told you I was ignorant of that bullet. Thank you for the info. I'm going to look onto it.

Corey

I have a few of them. Haven't messed with them yet, as the Speers shot so well and are danged tough bullets. Honestly, if I could grab some 170gr PT's for the 30-30, I would probably call it is a day with testing. I can't imagine anything that would need more killing than that bullet would do in a 30-30. Scotty

Well I shot my first deer with the 170 partitions with the same marlin and jaws not that impressed then. Through and through both shoulders still kicking on my arrival couple minutes later. But I still got the deer so I suppose it was not all bad. Big hole going through.

Corey

C.Smith":1tuiy635 said:
Well I shot my first deer with the 170 partitions with the same marlin and jaws not that impressed then. Through and through both shoulders still kicking on my arrival couple minutes later. But I still got the deer so I suppose it was not all bad. Big hole going through.

Corey

I guess some deer have a better will to live. If they have that kind of hole in them, they can't get too far I imagine. Scotty

Back